Tag: Sustainable Solutions Lab
- UMass Boston Report: Boston Harbor Barrier Costs Would Outweigh Benefits
As the City of Boston advances solutions to protect neighborhoods from climate change-induced flooding, a new independent report released today by the Sustainable Solutions Lab at UMass Boston advises against pursuing a harbor barrier in coming decades as part of larger resilience efforts.
- UMass Boston’s Sustainable Solutions Lab Provides Recommendations on Financing Climate Resilience
UMass Boston’s Sustainable Solutions Lab released a report today with recommendations on how to finance solutions to one of the most pressing issues facing the Boston region, and the world, today: climate change.
- UMass Research Portfolio Soars to Record-high $670 Million; UMass Boston Expenditures up 10 Percent
Research expenditures at the University of Massachusetts rose to a record-high $670 million in Fiscal Year 2017, up $37 million over the previous year and $270 million since 2007. UMass Boston grew its research expenditures by nearly 10 percent, up $6 million from the prior year, to $69.7 million.
- Community-Engaged Faculty Use UMass Boston Engage Portal to Make Connections
UMass Boston’s community-engaged faculty have a new tool to report their partnership activity, make new connections, and strengthen existing ones. It's called UMass Boston Engage.
- Climate Adaptation Forum: Innovative Financing for Climate Adaptation
The third Climate Adaption Forum: Innovative Financing for Climate Adaptation co-sponsored by UMass Boston's Sustainable Solutions Lab and Environmental Business Council of New England.
- Sustainable Solutions Lab Fall 2017 Semester Roundup
The Sustainable Solutions Lab hosted and participated in a number of sustainability activities during the Fall 2017 semester.
- Former EPA Chief and Alumna Gina McCarthy ’76 Returns to Campus to Talk Climate Change
UMass Boston alumna and former EPA administrator Gina McCarthy ’76 returned to campus Monday for a panel looking at climate change challenges and opportunities.
- Clean Energy is Today’s Moon Shot
A Discussion of JFK's Vision for Innovation and Environmentalism and the Challenges and Opportunities of Climate Change
- DC, Massachusetts, and the Future of a Clean Energy Economy
UMass Boston is participating in a panel discussion on how the federal government's approach to clean energy and environmental policy will impact Massachusetts clean energy economy.
- Ida Auken, former Danish Minister for the Environment
Ida Auken is a key leader in the transformation of Denmark toward a just, sustainable economy based on renewable energy
- Sustainable Solutions Lab Co-Convenes International Meeting on Climate Adaptation Financing
In partnership with the British Consulates of Boston and Miami and the Boston Green Ribbon Commission, the Sustainable Solutions Lab at UMass Boston co-convened a two-day event to discuss climate adaptation financing.
- UMass Boston Professors Honored with Leventhal Environment Award
Two professors from UMass Boston’s School for the Environment will be honored for their work on the environment tomorrow evening at the sixth annual Norman B. Leventhal Awards for Excellence in City Building.
- U.S. Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz Visits UMass Boston
The Obama administration official talked renewable energy and the role of public universities during a visit to campus Friday.
- McCormack’s Fall 2016 Meet and Greet
Please mark your calendars for the McCormack Graduate School Fall 2016 Meet and Greet: Wednesday, September 14
- Using Group Genius to Create Social Change: The Story of the Possible Project
Learn about the impact of The Possible Project an extraordinarily successful Cambridge based program to provide entrepreneurship training to high school students.
- How the Explosive Combination of Sustainability Information with Big Data is Changing Capitalism
Robert K. Massie, executive director of the Sustainable Solutions Lab at UMass Boston, will discuss the evolutionary changes that he believes lie in the decades ahead.
- Christiana Figueres, Architect of Paris Agreement, Returns to UMass Boston
Executive secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change speaks to packed house at Edward M. Kennedy Institute
- UMass Boston’s COP21 Participants Discuss Paris Pact at Sustainable Solutions Lab Event
UMass Boston’s Sustainable Solutions Lab, a cross-disciplinary institute launched this semester to address the complex impacts of climate change, convened an expert panel Wednesday to discuss the lessons learned from the Paris Agreement, a historic international accord reached at December’s COP21 co
- Gender Equality and Sustainable Development Goals
Upcoming talk by economist and sociologist Diane Elson looks at gender and sustainable development goals
- Delivering on the Paris Promise: Climate Opportunities and Challenges
Join the Sustainable Solutions Lab for the first lecture in the Climate at a Crossroads series.