- Professor Susan Zup Wins Inaugural Manning Award
Assistant Professor of Psychology Susan Zup won UMass Boston's first Manning Prize for Excellence in Teaching.
- Chancellor’s Awards Highlight Faculty Excellence at 2016 Commencement Ceremony
Three professors win awards for Distinguished Scholarship, Teaching, and Service
- CIT Forum: Is a Teaching Soul “Cost-Effective?”
Join the Center for Innovative Teaching for a discussion that will focus on the joys of teaching/learning at UMass Boston.
- 2016 10th Annual University Conference on Teaching, Learning, and Technology (UCTLT)
Registration for the 2016 Conference is now open - https://uctlt2016.eventbrite.com
- Engaging Practices: A UMass Boston English Department Conference on the Teaching of Composition
Join the Freshman English Program for this free conference, which provides opportunities for sharing strategies and exploring issues that focus on the writing process.
- CM Awards the Betty Diener and the Joan Moon Award for Excellence in Teaching
The College of Management awarded the Betty Diener and the Joan Moon Award at commencement on May 30.
- Education Advocate Jonathan Kozol Talks Preschool, Standardized Testing
Teacher-turned-author Jonathan Kozol's free talk was part of a half-day celebration of the College of Education and Human Development’s first 35 years as part of the University of Massachusetts Boston.
- Chemistry Professor Wins Prestigious Fellowship
Marietta Schwartz, associate dean of the College of Science and Mathematics, will join the Executive Leadership In Academic Technology and Engineering (ELATE) program this fall. The part-time fellowship allows female senior faculty members in STEM to learn skills they need to advance their careers.
- UMass Boston Minute: Kristin Murphy Helps Students Become Great Teachers
New faculty member Kristin Murphy tells us about joining UMass Boston's Department of Curriculum and Instruction.
- CIT Forum: Invisible Disabilities: LD, ADHD, Autism, TBI and Others
Join the Director of the Ross Center and faculty panel for this discussion.
- CIT/Ed Tech Forum: Teaching with Blackboard Learn’s New Features
Join the Director of Ed Tech and a faculty panel as they discuss and demonstrate how to use the new Blackboard features in your classroom.
- CIT Forum: Teaching Diversity Today: Faculty Engagement on Teaching Diversity Requirement Courses
Join us as we resume a discussion on diversity requirement courses -- now a 20-year old undergraduate curricular requirement.
- Four Extraordinary Faculty Earn Chancellor’s Awards
Four UMass Boston faculty members were honored at commencement June 1 with the annual Chancellor’s Awards for Distinguished Teaching, Scholarship, and Service.
- Boston Biology Conference: Science Education Reform: Are We Pointing in the Same Direction?
AP Biology teachers and K-12 Biology teachers are invited to join co-sponsor UMass Boston for the first day of the 3-day Boston Biology Conference.
- Twentieth Annual Chinese Language Teacher Conference Draws 130 Local Teachers
Teachers from New England public schools, independent schools, and Chinese heritage schools attended this Confucius Institute-hosted conference.
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Faculty Lecture
Celebrating the Complete Faculty by featuring the recipients of the Chancellor's Distinguished Awards in Teaching, Scholarship, and Service
- Writing to Learn Across the Curriculum
Join a panel of faculty members to discuss how to use writing to engage students and to promote learning.
- Chancellor Urges Muddy Shoes at State of the University Address
During his 2011 address, Chancellor J. Keith Motley offered some statistics that seem to indicate the state of the university is better than ever.
- UMass Boston Professor, Students Bring Unfamiliar Story to Life for Teens
UMass Boston Professor Julie Winch started adapted her self-described “scholarly” book so that a wider audience could learn about James Forten.
- Campus Notes for The Point Issue #17
Read the Campus Notes for The Point Issue #17.
- Boston State College Graduates Gather for Fourth Annual Celebration
More than 140 Boston State College graduates gathered for the Fourth Annual Boston Stage College Celebration and Education for Service Awards reception.
- Campus Notes for The Point Issue #14
Read the Campus Notes for The Point Issue #14.
- Luncheon Celebrates Faculty Success in Research, Innovation, Scholarship, and Creativity
More than 200 faculty, researchers, staff, and students attended a lunch which celebrated faculty success in research, innovation, and creativity.
- UMass Boston’s Project ALERTA Honored at White House as Top After-school Program
Project ALERTA was one of only 15 after-school programs chosen from 458 nominations nationwide for an award from the White House.
- Boston-led Consortium to Meet in Haiti to Plan Rebuild of Higher Education System
UMass Boston and the UMass President’s Office are bringing together a consortium of colleges to support rebuilding and improving higher education in Haiti.
- First Lady Michelle Obama Honors UMass Boston’s Project ALERTA at White House
First Lady Michelle Obama presents a National Arts and Humanities award to 5th grader Noelia Lugo and Project ALERTA founder Lucia Mayerson-David.
- Freshman Success Communities: Learning and Bonding
CSM dean Andrew Grosovsky developed Freshmen Success Communities in response to the challenges facing undergraduate students at UMass Boston.