- Women in Science Club Brings UMass Boston Students to IBM
On Friday, approximately 100 UMass Boston students visited IBM’s Cambridge offices to hear about careers in research, technology and business.
- UMass Boston Named One of the Most Technologically Advanced Universities
Great Value Colleges, a website designed to help students get the best possible education for their money, puts the University of Massachusetts Boston No. 38 on its list of the 50 most technologically advanced universities.
- UMass Boston, IBM and Smarter Education
Join us to hear about a new research initiative to advance accessible technology solutions for people with disabilities, low literacy, or novice technology skills, and the elderly
- Research Computing User’s Group Meeting
Join us to discus support for R and other open source software.
- VDC Company Receives New Patent for Powerful, Affordable Shared Memory Computers
Symmetric Computing will bring "supercomputing to the masses."
- “Bring Your Own Device” to the Library Research Classroom
See how mobile devices transform teaching and learning when library resources are involved!
- Faculty Workshop: Meet i>clicker2
In this workshop, you will explore i>clicker2, the latest i>clicker remote, and learn how it works and how you can use it in your classroom.
- School for the Environment Faculty Receive $120K from President Caret
The Lab for Urban & Coastal Environmental Science (LUCES) will research mussels, coastal areas, and carbon in the ocean.
- The Role of Technology in the Practice and Teaching of Conflict Resolution
Conflict Resolution Colloquium with Guest Speaker Noam Ebner, Werner Institute, Creighton University
- UMass Boston’s iPad Program Draws National Attention
Last year the university had 15 iPads that went from classroom to classroom on a custom-built cart. The program was so successful that the university will have 40 iPads available this fall.
- Meet i>clicker2
This is a workshop for faculty members to learn about how they can use i>clicker in their classrooms.
- “You Have Dazzled Us”: Governor Patrick Visits Venture Development Center
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick held his monthly cabinet meeting in the Venture Development Center and then toured the VDC with the men and women growing b