Tag: Track And Field
- Track and Field Brings Home Second National Championship This Year
Two months after winning the 2018 Indoor National Championship in Birmingham, Alabama, the Beacons are the co-winners of the 2018 Outdoor National Championship.
- Four Seniors to Spend Commencement at Outdoor Track and Field Championship
Eight Beacons will be representing UMass Boston at the Outdoor Track and Field Championship, which starts on Thursday in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Four of those who are going to be participating—Dom Nda, Garth Miriyoga, Taylor Driggers, and Lexy Bean—are seniors, and will be missing commencement.
- UMass Boston Women’s Track and Field Crowned NCAA Indoor National Champions
Sophomore Wadeline Jonathas won four individual titles to lead the UMass Boston women's track and field team to a fifth national title at the 2018 Indoor National Championship in Birmingham, Alabama on Saturday.
- Sophomore Wadeline Jonathas Breaks 2 DIII Records, Team Ranked No. 6
UMass Boston has risen from No. 9 to No. 6 in this week’s NCAA Division III Women’s Indoor Track & Field National Team Computer Rankings, in large part to the record-setting performance of sophomore business major Wadeline Jonathas, who broke two NCAA Division III records a week apart.
- Big Weekend for Beacons Athletics Includes Two Titles and D3 Record
It was a big weekend for Beacons Athletics, as two teams won their conference titles and a freshman track star set a Division III record.
- UMass Boston Freshman Runs Away with National Title
This weekend in Naperville, Illinois, Little East Indoor Rookie Field and Track Athlete of the Year Wadeline Jonathas secured her first national title in the 400-meter dash with a time of 55.60.
- 3 Beacons to Compete for National NCAA Titles
Three Beacons are competing at the NCAA Division III Outdoor National Championship Meet at Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa this week.
- Men’s Hockey Receives First NCAA Statistical Champion Plaque
The 2013-14 men's and women's track and field teams and the 2014-15 men's hockey team were honored for their past accomplishments on Monday
- 13th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration
Join us as the university celebrates UMass Boston's greatest athletes and inducts the Class of 2015 into the Hall of Fame.
- Beacons Spotlight: Two-Sport Star Carl Joseph Nets 1,000th Point
UMass Boston's first three-time All-American in track and field notches 1,000th point as a member of the men's basketball team. Oh, and he drives the Zamboni too.
- Beacons Sports: Two Beacons Join 1,000 Point Club
Two UMass Boston Beacons joined the 1,000 point club this fall.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Senior Outfielder Co-Conference Player of the Year
Senior Jamill Moquete recorded 45 hits, including seven doubles, six triples, and four home runs.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Baseball to Open LEC Tournament Play on Wednesday
UMass Boston’s baseball team will take on UMass Dartmouth on Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the opening round of the Little East Conference Tournament.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Track and Field Brings Home 8 Gold Medals
UMass Boston sophomore Hulerie McGuffie set a Little East Conference record with five gold medals at the LEC Outdoor Championship over the weekend.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Senior Volleyball Player Runs in 2014 Boston Marathon
Senior volleyball player Christine DuPuis finished the Boston Marathon in 5:57:39 on Monday. It was her first marathon.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Freshman Shatters 1986 Record at Track Meet
Freshman Taylor Smith broke both the 1986 UMass Boston program record and the meet record with her throw of 129-01 feet.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Women’s Softball Coach Picks up 100th Win
Softball Head Coach Natalia Ardagna has more wins than any previous Beacons softball coach.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Men’s Tennis Sweeps Conference Honors
The men’s tennis team (1-5) picked up both weekly Little East Conference (LEC) honors on Monday.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Sprinter Hulerie McGuffie Places 2nd at Indoor National Championships
Sophomore Hulerie McGuffie has become the first Beacon to earn back-to-back All-America honors in more than 20 years.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Sophomore Sprinter Qualifies for Nationals
Sophomore sprinter Hulerie McGuffie will be representing UMass Boston at the indoor national championships this weekend. This is the first time UMass Boston has been represented at the indoor national championships in more than 20 years.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Lacrosse Opens Season with a Win
Sophomore lacrosse player Noah Ellis of Hingham scored four times to lead the UMass Boston Beacons (1-0) to a 12-3 season-opening rout of Johnson & Wales University on Saturday.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Track Stars Win Gold, Hockey Teams Prepare for Playoffs
Hulerie McGuffie earned two gold medals and Renee O'Brien of Stoneham earned one at the Little East Conference/New England Alliance Championship meet on Saturday.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Men’s, Women’s Hockey Victorious on Senior Day
Travis Daniel ties a program record with his 11th career game-winning goal in a win against the University of New England.
- The Week in Beacons Sports: Relay Teams Post Top Times at Stampede Classic
The UMass Boston men's and women's 4x200 relay teams took first and second place, respectively, at the Tufts University Stampede Classic on Saturday.
- This Week in Beacons Sports: Track and Field Sets 5 Personal Bests
Four Beacons set personal bests at the Ramapo College Indoor Select in New York City on Saturday. Freshman Christopher Sian-Aguirre posted two career bests for a school total of five.
- Six Beacons Qualify for NCAA Track Championship
For the first time in almost 30 years, a group of University of Massachusetts Boston athletes will compete in the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field National Championship meet.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (May 6-12)
A 5-2 loss to Skidmore College in the NCAA Tournament ends the best-ever season for men's tennis at UMass Boston
- The Week in Beacons Sports (February 25-March 3)
Hockey Teams Close Out Season; Men’s Lacrosse Picks up First Win
- The Week in Beacons Sports (Jan. 21-27)
Men’s Hockey Team Earns Highest-Ever Ranking in D3Hockey.com Poll; Personal Bests for Men's and Women's Track and Field
- Freshman High Jumper to Represent UMass Boston at National NCAA Meet
High jumper Carl Joseph will represent UMass Boston Friday at the 2012 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships in Claremont, California.
- A Conversation with Marion Jones
Former Olympic Athlete and Track Star Marion Jones joins Chancellor Motley for a candid conversation: Responsibility, Redemption and Resilience