- Parking Closures; Temporary MBTA Bus Changes
Parking Lot D will be reduced by 66 spaces beginning on Friday, June 30. The upper level of the Campus Center parking garage will close Wednesday, July 5 through Friday, July 7. The MBTA bus stop has temporarily moved from Wheatley Hall to the current Campus Center shuttle bus stop.
- University Drive South to Reopen
University Drive South, the roadway that travels from Morrissey and Bianculli boulevards around campus by the water, is opening to two-way traffic on Monday, June 5.
- Expect Changes Next Week as Summer Construction Ramps Up
Crews are preparing to open University Drive South along Savin Hill Cove. Two-way traffic with sidewalks and bike lanes will be open as early as next Monday, June 5.
- Parking Garage Construction Starts
UMass Boston has started construction on the campus’s first free-standing parking garage as envisioned in the campus master plan. The new garage will be located along University Drive West near the Monan Park baseball complex.
- Important Parking Information for the Beginning of Fall Semester
Learn how to make your commute to campus as quick and convenient as possible!
- Parking Lot B to Close
Parking Lot B, opposite the Clark Athletic Center, is scheduled to close permanently on Monday, June 13, or sometime shortly thereafter.
- Hubway Back on Campus at UMass Boston
Station has a new location this year behind the Integrated Sciences Complex
- UMass Boston Picks Up Two More Statewide Awards for Green Commuter Options
UMass Boston won both a Leader Award and a Spotlight Award for Leadership in Commuter Options at the sixth annual Excellence in Commuter Options (ECO) Awards at Fenway Park on Tuesday.
- 2015 UMass Boston Earth Week: Green Transit Information Tables
Visit MassRIDES and Zipcar information tables and explore your sustainable transit/reward options: NuRide, Zipcar, Emergency Ride Home, biking, and more!
- Lots A and C to Close; Bianculli Road Work to Begin
Beginning at 11 p.m. on Tuesday, September 23, parking lots A and C will close permanently to enable the Utility Corridor and Roadway Relocation project to move forward.
- Bypass Roadway and Sidewalk to Campus Center Garage Open
A temporary bypass roadway and sidewalk to the Campus Center garage, loading dock, and atrium entrance have opened.
- Two-way Traffic Ahead
University Drive South, which runs alongside Savin Hill Cove, will close to traffic in early summer, for more than a year, for utility and roadway construction. The South Lot and Lot A will close in early summer.
- No Tuesday Morning and Afternoon Bus Stops at Clark
The Routes 2 and 3 shuttle buses will not stop at the Clark Athletic Center circle on Tuesday, May 6 from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- UMass Boston Praised As “Transportation Trailblazer”
A new MASSPIRG report says UMass Boston is leading a nationwide trend toward providing more options for students to go car-free on campus.
- Welcome Back: Construction Update and Travel Tips for the Spring Semester
The winter session has been a busy one for construction on campus; students, faculty, staff, and visitors are urged to allow extra time when traveling to campus, particularly during the first few weeks of the spring semester.
- University Drive East Lane Switches
Starting Thursday, January 23, vehicles will be directed to use the left lane of University Drive East for a 370-foot stretch along the General Academic Building No. 1 building site.
- DCR to Begin Work Monday at Main Campus Entrance
Starting Monday, October 28, the traffic pattern will be different for those using Morrissey Boulevard to get to UMass Boston.
- MBTA Bus Stop Relocated, Short-term Lot to Close
The MBTA bus stop will be relocated to the Campus Center circle on August 26. The Short-term Parking Lot will be closed on September 3.
- UMass Boston Celebrates Campus Sustainability Week
UMass Boston wraps up Campus Sustainability Week with opportunities to learn about green transit alternatives Zipcar and Nuride as well as the global water crisis.
- Hubway Bike-sharing Station Arrives at UMass Boston
UMass Boston students, faculty, and staff now have another way of getting around campus, after crews installed a Hubway bike-sharing station by the Campus Center last week.
- New Transportation Services Coming and Construction Happenings
As UMass Boston students settle in for the start of the fall semester, they will notice some of the exciting changes going on around campus.
- UMass Boston Wins ECO Award for Its Transportation Options
The University of Massachusetts Boston was recently recognized with a 2012 Massachusetts ECO Award by MassCommute, MassRIDES, and the Massachusetts Department of Transportation.