- U-ACCESS Hosts Conference on Challenges Facing Homeless Students Transitioning to College
The theme of this year's conference was "Emerging Practices and Approaches Supporting Homeless Post-Secondary Students."
- Sociology Students Help Fellow UMass Boston Students, Stock Food Pantry
UMass Boston’s food pantry is a bit fuller these days, thanks in part to Lecturer in Sociology Jacqueline Lageson’s students, who collected 2,490 food items over the past six weeks.
- U-ACCESS Students Excel Through Urban Higher Education
Save the date for the Office of Urban and Off-Campus Support Services' second annual conference, designed to increase knowledge about homelessness, emancipation from foster care, and food insecurity.
- U-ACCESS Hosts First Conference on Challenges Facing Homeless Students
More than 150 attended "Students Excel Through Higher Education: Addressing the Challenges for Homeless Students Who Are in Transition on Postsecondary Campuses.”
- Donated Keys Converted into $1,700 Check for UMass Boston Food Pantry
Unused keys collected at UMass Boston last year are supporting students in need, just in time for the holiday season.
- Food Day Film Screening of “A Place at the Table”
Learn why nearly 50 millions Americans are hungry and why you can do to solve this problem.
- U-ACCESS Program Seeks Donations for New Food Pantry
The Office of Urban and Off-Campus Support Services—otherwise known as U-ACCESS—is seeking volunteers to organize donation drives for its new food pantry.
- Fight Hunger: Athletics Teams Want Your Old Keys
Keys collected around the UMass Boston campus this year will be melted down and sold as scrap metal, with all proceeds going to the U-ACCESS food pantry.
- U-ACCESS Program Helps Students With Life Outside the Classroom
In February, the Office of Urban and Off-Campus Support Services, also known as the U-ACCESS program, was created.