- UMass System Leaders Call for Action on DACA
University of Massachusetts President Marty Meehan and the chancellors of the five UMass campuses today issued a statement calling on Congress to find a permanent legislative solution to protect Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients.
- Board of Trustees Officially Appoints Barry Mills Interim Chancellor of UMass Boston
The UMass Board of Trustees today officially appointed Barry Mills interim chancellor of the University of Massachusetts Boston, with board Chairman Robert J. Manning describing Mills as “a person of great skill and knowledge and integrity.”
- President Meehan Makes Case for UMass in Inaugural State of the University Address
Calling the University of Massachusetts the “lifeblood of the economy” in the state, President Marty Meehan outlined the benefit of the public research university in his inaugural State of the University address.
- Martin T. Meehan Elected UMass President
Martin T. Meehan, a former U.S. congressman who became chancellor of his alma mater, UMass Lowell, was unanimously elected today as the next president of the five-campus UMass system.
- Need for More Certificate, Undergraduate Programs Stressed at National Cybersecurity Conference
Panelists at the National Cybersecurity Network Workforce Summit were unanimous in their assessment Tuesday: there is a critical need for more educational programs to prepare a workforce highly skilled in cybersecurity.
- UMass President Caret Appears on WUMB Radio’s Commonwealth Journal
WUMB 91.9FM’s awarding-winning program Commonwealth Journal will feature University of Massachusetts President Robert Caret on the show Sunday, October 16, at 7 p.m.