Tag: University College
- UMass Boston Hosts International Conference on Rebuilding China, Japan after Disasters
Learn best practices in reducing the socio-economic impact of disasters on vulnerable communities in China
- The Sustainability of MOOCs in Higher Education
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)
- Jamaica Today Open House
Hear program director Marc Prou speak about this exciting academic winter session program and how you can be a part of it.
- The Living Lab: Students Sought for Semester on Nantucket
This spring, UMass Boston students can study on the living laboratory of Nantucket as part of a semester-long pilot residential program offered through University College.
- Myanmar Spring: Watering the Grass Roots
After five decades of brutal military rule, Myanmar (Burma) is undergoing a miraculous transformation toward democracy.
- The Swing Vote: The Power of Independent Voters in 2012
Sponsored by the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy, DC journalist Linda Killian leads a timely discussion on the untapped power of independents in the upcoming election.
- China Program Center at UMass Boston Receives Fulbright-Hays Grant
University College at the University of Massachusetts Boston has announced that its China Program Center is the recipient of a Fulbright-Hays grant of more than $100,000 from the U.S. Department of Education.
- UMass Boston Teams with DelValle Institute to Offer Emergency Management Programs
The University of Massachusetts Boston is introducing two new certificate programs in emergency management through University College.
- UMass Boston Staff Members Recognized for Accessibility Innovations
Campus Technology Magazine honors UMass Boston team for efforts to make classes accessible to blind, deaf students.
- UMass Boston, Indonesian Doctors Working Together on Disaster Recovery Education
Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters makes pact with medical community
- Workforce Summit Tackles Challenges and Opportunities for Middle-Skilled Workers in IT Sector
"This collaborative effort with the TechAmerica Foundation has uncovered data that we hope will help us close the gap between those who are looking for quality workers and those who are seeking retooling and employment," says Deborah Boisvert, Executive Director of BATEC.
- University College Confers First Degrees and Certificates at Commencement
This year's 44th Commencement at UMass Boston marked a milestone for University College (UC) as it conferred honors on its first graduates.
- Book on Post-Disaster Recovery Published
Rebuilding Sustainable Communities with Vulnerable Populations after the Cameras Have Gone, a product of the Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters (CRSCAD) at University of Massachusetts Boston, was published Wednesday in the United Kingdom.
- University College Announces Launch of the Center for Innovation and Excellence in e-Learning (CIEE)
Learn why keynote speaker Todd Rose believes UMass Boston (and sister campuses of the UMass System) can become a dominant force in the new era of analytics-enabled cyberlearning.
- Summer Starts at University College
University College greeted hundreds of students April 18 during its first annual “Summer Starts Here” information event.
- University College: Summer Starts Here
Learn about University College's online, on campus, international, and professional development programs.
- Register Now for Summer Classes On Campus, Online, and Overseas
Find out why the Princeton Review named UMass Boston one of the 75 “Best Value” public colleges and universities in the country. Registration is now open for summer classes.
- University College Puts the ‘Work’ in Workforce Development
After losing his job to foreign trade, Ray Leczynski got a second chance at UMass Boston.
- University College Dean: Continuing Education More Important Than Ever
Provost Winston Langley will host a reception for Dean Philip DiSalvio and University College on Nov. 15 at 2:30 p.m. in the Campus Center's Alumni Room.
- UMass Boston Announces New College
UMass Boston is creating University College, a new academic unit charged with expanding the university's range of academic offerings.