- Urban Research Network Meets at UMass Boston
McCormack Graduate School hosts Collaborative Research for Equity and Education conference.
- Mark Warren’s Community Organizing and Education Research Featured at Research Luncheon
MGS faculty member highlights his work with Urban Research-Based Action Network (URBAN)
- UMass Boston’s Project ALERTA Honored at White House as Top After-school Program
Project ALERTA was one of only 15 after-school programs chosen from 458 nominations nationwide for an award from the White House.
- First Lady Michelle Obama Honors UMass Boston’s Project ALERTA at White House
First Lady Michelle Obama presents a National Arts and Humanities award to 5th grader Noelia Lugo and Project ALERTA founder Lucia Mayerson-David.
- Success in Reducing Urban Community Health Disparities on the Horizon
At the Horizon Center, UMass Boston functions as a ‘lab to the community,’ which involves listening to Roxbury residents and the health issues they face.