Tag: Urban Harbors Institute
- The Smog of the Sea
Join UMass Boston's Urban Harbors Institute for a film screening, panel presentation, and Q&A about trash in the ocean.
- Urban Harbors Institute Conducts Workshop at High School Marine Science Symposium
Kristin Uiterwyk and Kim Starbuck conducted workshops with approximately 40 high school students on the importance of plankton to the marine ecosystem.
- Mayors Sign Climate Preparedness Commitment at UMass Boston
Boston Mayor Marty Walsh hosted the first ever Regional Mayors Climate Preparedness Summit on Wednesday at UMass Boston’s harbor-side campus.
- Urban Harbors Director Inducted into American Institute of Certified Planners’s College of Fellows
Jack Wiggin, director of UMass Boston's Urban Harbors Institute, has received one of the ACIP's highest honors.
- UMass Boston’s COASTSWEEP Marks 25 Years of Clearing the Massachusetts Coastline
COASTSWEEP hopes to cover more than 1,500 miles of shoreline and hold cleanups in all 78 coastal communities in Massachusetts this fall.
- UMass Boston Faculty and Staff Collaborate on Community Partnerships
More than 200 UMass Boston faculty, staff, and students took part in the university's first ever Community-Engaged Partnerships Symposium.