Tag: Venture Development Center
- UMass Boston Experts Taking Lead Role in HUBWeek 2017
Boston's citywide festival of innovation to feature UMass Boston experts in conversation on climate change, cancer research, and global entrepreneurship.
- Platelet Biogenesis Expands to the VDC
Platelet Biogenesis bringing exciting new ideas to the Venture Development Center
- “I’m Inspired By All Of You”: President Meehan Visits Finance Class, Venture Development Center
UMass President Marty Meehan participated in a student investment finance class and visited the Venture Development Center Monday night, as he concluded his daylong tour across the UMass system on UMass Boston’s harborside campus.
- Boston Financial, Startup Leaders Contemplate “Fin Tech” at VDC
“Fin tech,” or financial technology, was the topic of a panel discussion Monday sponsored by the Massachusetts Competitive Partnership and UMass Boston.
- UMass Boston Biology Students Published in Science
UMass Boston biology students Emal Lesha, Haydy George, Jurgen Poci, and Rebeca Cortazio learned a few weeks ago that a paper they helped author was published in Science. George was acknowledged as a co–lead author.
- Unshackled and Global Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program Partner to Serve Immigrant Entrepreneurs
On Thursday, the Massachusetts Global Entrepreneur-in-Residence (GEIR) program announced a partnership with Unshackled, an investment fund based in Palo Alto, California, backed by 80 of America's most influential investors.
- Global Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program Gets First Corporate Partnership With Silicon Valley Bank
On Thursday, the Massachusetts Global Entrepreneur-in-Residence (GEIR) program announced a major gift from Silicon Valley Bank, its first corporate partner.
- Venture Development Center Featured in Science Magazine
UMass Boston’s Venture Development Center, an incubator for startups, was recently featured in Science magazine twice in the span of a month.
- MIT Researchers Launch “World-Changing” Idea at the VDC
It might be just what’s needed in a type of cancer treatment that’s just starting to take off, called immunotherapy.
- Cloud Management Startup CloudHealth Technologies Raises $12M
The new investment brings the startup's total funding to $19.7M since March 2013.
- MassTLC 2014 Healthcare Conference at UMass Boston Highlights Local Innovators
The Venture Development Center was the site of the annual conference, and three startups incubating there were part of the conversation.
- David Lucchino Joins UMass Boston’s Venture Development Center as Entrepreneur in Residence
Founder of Semprus BioSciences is mentoring emerging entrepreneurs
- Overthink Notes Wins Best Student Startup in 4th Business Launch Competition
A software platform that allows students to take notes, collaborate, and prepare for exams more effectively was chosen as the best student startup in this year's annual Business Launch Competition.
- Brendan O’Leary Brings His Expertise in Life Science Startups to the VDC
There’s a new face at UMass Boston’s Venture Development Center. Organic chemist and entrepreneur Brendan O’Leary has joined the VDC as an Entrepreneur in Residence. Entrepreneurs in Residence offer mentoring and support for the CEOs at the VDC.
- Venture Development Center Fostered Company Turns Skin Cells Into Stem Cells
In July, Factor Bioscience received the very first patent covering methods for reprogramming cells using RNA.
- Valerion Gets $1.2M Boost for Congenital Muscle Disease Therapy
Valerion Therapeutics, a member of UMass Boston's Venture Development Center, has been working toward a drug that could help infants born with X-linked MTM, a congenital muscle disease that affects muscles used for movement.
- Penguin and Symmetric Computing Team to Deliver On-Demand Supercomputing
This merger will bring the power of high core-count, high performance computing to market at a greatly reduced cost.
- Neurala Readies Robots to Move, Work, and Learn Among People
Neurala's first commercial application will be toys.
- CloudHealth helps customers get more from their cloud infrastructure
Former Entrepreneur-in-Residence Founds CloudHealth
- Five Young High Tech Companies Win $1.5 million in SBIR Grants
Five of six companies that applied received an award, an 83% success rate, compared to a national average of 11.5%.
- Pressure BioSciences Surpasses $2M Financing Goal
The company has raised over $5.3M while at UMass Boston's Venture Development Center.
- Meet Our New EIRs
Venture capitalists Jim Counihan and Michael Gaiss and entrepreneur Dave McFarlane step up as the Venture Development Center's entrepreneurs-in-residence, dedicated to advising our high tech companies.
- DeLeo, Caret, Motley Highlight Cutting-Edge Research at UMass Boston
UMass President, Speaker of Massachusetts House visit Venture Development Center
- Pressure BioSciences Sees Boost in Revenues
Biotech's commercialization plan bearing fruit
- Venture Development Center Innovation Open House for Faculty
The VDC is a dynamic place, and we hope that you will continue to explore what is happening here in life science, high tech and social ventures. Come explore how you can interact with industry.
- 4s3 Bioscience, Inc. Secures $20M in Series A Financing
4s3 Bioscience, Inc. occupies laboratory space in UMass Boston's Venture Development Center.
- Pressure Biosciences Buoyed by New Grants
Total funding awarded PBI over the past two months is $809,000.
- Factor Bioscience, SelfSense and NobleGen Join Incubator
SelfSense, Factor Bioscience and NobleGen join Venture Development Center
- White House Business Council Convenes at Venture Development Center
U.S. Department of Labor Assistant Secretary Jane Oates and Joanne Goldstein, state secretary of Labor and Workforce Development, hosted a roundtable discussion with 20 high-tech and life science executives from the greater Boston area.
- Governor Patrick’s “Dazzled” by Startups at Venture Development Center
Companies headquartered at the UMass Boston Venture Development Center (VDC) played host to Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick.
- UMass Boston Hosts White House Business Council Roundtable
U.S. Department of Labor Assistant Secretary Jane Oates and Joanne Goldstein, state secretary of Labor and Workforce Development, visited the VDC July 28.
- Student CEOs Win Cash, Legal Assistance at UMass Boston
Michael Emery and Kevin Schoenthaler are the first winners of the UMass Boston Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- UMass Boston Student-run Startups Compete for Money, Expert Help in Launching Businesses
A dozen student-based startup companies are competing in the first ever Business Launch Competition hosted by the College of Management's Entrepreneurship Center.
- “You Have Dazzled Us”: Governor Patrick Visits Venture Development Center
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick held his monthly cabinet meeting in the Venture Development Center and then toured the VDC with the men and women growing b
- CM’s New Entrepreneurship Center to Help Build the Businesses of Tomorrow
UMass Boston's Entrepreneurship Center makes the school a one-stop destination for entrepreneurs looking to take their business concepts from idea to reality.