Tag: Venture Development Center
- MIT Researchers Launch “World-Changing” Idea at the VDC
It might be just what’s needed in a type of cancer treatment that’s just starting to take off, called immunotherapy.
- Cloud Management Startup CloudHealth Technologies Raises $12M
The new investment brings the startup's total funding to $19.7M since March 2013.
- MassTLC 2014 Healthcare Conference at UMass Boston Highlights Local Innovators
The Venture Development Center was the site of the annual conference, and three startups incubating there were part of the conversation.
- David Lucchino Joins UMass Boston’s Venture Development Center as Entrepreneur in Residence
Founder of Semprus BioSciences is mentoring emerging entrepreneurs
- Overthink Notes Wins Best Student Startup in 4th Business Launch Competition
A software platform that allows students to take notes, collaborate, and prepare for exams more effectively was chosen as the best student startup in this year's annual Business Launch Competition.
- Brendan O’Leary Brings His Expertise in Life Science Startups to the VDC
There’s a new face at UMass Boston’s Venture Development Center. Organic chemist and entrepreneur Brendan O’Leary has joined the VDC as an Entrepreneur in Residence. Entrepreneurs in Residence offer mentoring and support for the CEOs at the VDC.
- Venture Development Center Fostered Company Turns Skin Cells Into Stem Cells
In July, Factor Bioscience received the very first patent covering methods for reprogramming cells using RNA.
- Valerion Gets $1.2M Boost for Congenital Muscle Disease Therapy
Valerion’s drug has shown promise in preclinical studies.
- Penguin and Symmetric Computing Team to Deliver On-Demand Supercomputing
This merger will bring the power of high core-count, high performance computing to market at a greatly reduced cost.
- Neurala Readies Robots to Move, Work, and Learn Among People
Neurala's first commercial application will be toys.
- CloudHealth helps customers get more from their cloud infrastructure
Former Entrepreneur-in-Residence Founds CloudHealth
- Five Young High Tech Companies Win $1.5 million in SBIR Grants
Five of six companies that applied received an award, an 83% success rate, compared to a national average of 11.5%.
- DeLeo, Caret, Motley Highlight Cutting-Edge Research at UMass Boston
UMass President, Speaker of Massachusetts House visit Venture Development Center
- Pressure BioSciences Sees Boost in Revenues
Biotech's commercialization plan bearing fruit
- Venture Development Center Innovation Open House for Faculty
The VDC is a dynamic place, and we hope that you will continue to explore what is happening here in life science, high tech and social ventures. Come explore how you can interact with industry.
- 4s3 Bioscience, Inc. Secures $20M in Series A Financing
4s3 Bioscience, Inc. occupies laboratory space in UMass Boston's Venture Development Center.
- Pressure Biosciences Buoyed by New Grants
Total funding awarded PBI over the past two months is $809,000.
- UMass Boston Hosts White House Business Council Roundtable
U.S. Department of Labor Assistant Secretary Jane Oates and Joanne Goldstein, state secretary of Labor and Workforce Development, visited the VDC July 28.
- Student CEOs Win Cash, Legal Assistance at UMass Boston
Michael Emery and Kevin Schoenthaler are the first winners of the UMass Boston Entrepreneurship Center’s Business Launch Competition.
- UMass Boston Student-run Startups Compete for Money, Expert Help in Launching Businesses
A dozen student-based startup companies are competing in the first ever Business Launch Competition hosted by the College of Management's Entrepreneurship Center.
- “You Have Dazzled Us”: Governor Patrick Visits Venture Development Center
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick held his monthly cabinet meeting in the Venture Development Center and then toured the VDC with the men and women growing b
- CM’s New Entrepreneurship Center to Help Build the Businesses of Tomorrow
UMass Boston's Entrepreneurship Center makes the school a one-stop destination for entrepreneurs looking to take their business concepts from idea to reality.