- Workforce Recruitment Program Information Session
Learn how you can participate in this federal recruitment program for students with disabilities.
- College of Management Named Best for Vets a Second Time
UMass Boston’s College of Management has again been named to Military Times’s Best for Vets: Business Schools list.
- Dropkick Murphys Founder Donates $10K to Joiner Institute
Dropkick Murphys frontman Ken Casey donated $10,000 this month to UMass Boston’s William Joiner Institute for the Study of War and Social Consequences, in support of the institute’s veterans community outreach programs.
- This Veterans Day, UMass Boston Named One of the Best for Vets
Military Times has named the University of Massachusetts Boston one of the best schools for veterans.
- UMass Boston Again Named Military Friendly School
Victory Media Inc. has named the University of Massachusetts Boston a Military Friendly School® for the second consecutive year.
- Winning Gerontology Papers Address Caring for Aging Veterans and Intergenerational Programs
This year's winning Gerontology capstone papers address caring for aging veterans and offering intergenerational community programs.
- UMass Boston Announces Creation of Center of Excellence for Veterans
Vice Chancellor Kathleen Teehan says the new center, set to open for fall 2014, will be a one-stop shop for veterans seeking academic and financial services and other university resources.
- Combat Paper Project Uses Uniforms, Art to Open Discussion with Veterans
On Saturday, October 26 from 1 to 7 p.m., the work created during this week’s papermaking workshops at UMass Boston and Boston Paper Collective will be on display at the Made in Fort Point Gallery.
- Paper Making Workshop
Drew Cameron and Nathan Lewis of Combat Paper will be working with students and the campus community to make pulp out of uniforms and turn it into paper.
- Veterans Affairs Mourns Marybeth O’Sullivan
UMass Boston's Veterans Affairs mourns the loss of Marybeth O’Sullivan, who passed away on January 30, 2013 after a valiant 18-month battle with ovarian cancer.
- College of Management Ranked Best for Vets
Military Times has recognized UMass Boston's College of Management as a top school for veterans.
- Annual Dinner Honors UMass Boston Veterans
600 student veterans and their guests are invited to a free dinner. Carol DeSouza will receive the Theodore Parker Award.
- UMass Boston Recognized For Support of Students, Employees Serving in Military
UMass Boston has been honored by the U.S. Defense Department for helping military members balance education with service
- UMass Boston Welcomes Home Veterans, Addresses Veterans’ Issues
Veterans and veterans’ service providers shared experiences, information, and ideas during an afternoon dedicated to student veterans’ issues.