- Terry Condon to Be Inducted into American Volleyball Coaches Association Hall of Fame
UMass Boston volleyball coach Terry Condon, who has turned the Beacons into a Division III powerhouse, has been chosen as a member of the American Volleyball Coaches Association’s 13th annual Hall of Fame class.
- 13th Annual Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Celebration
Join us as the university celebrates UMass Boston's greatest athletes and inducts the Class of 2015 into the Hall of Fame.
- 2015 Welcome Week Events: September 12
It's a women's volleyball doubleheader as they take on Christopher Newport University and Eastern Connecticut University.
- Beacons Spotlight: Triple Threat Kirsten Morrison Named All-Conference
Last week, senior exercise and health sciences major Kirsten Morrison became the first UMass Boston Beacon to earn All-Conference honors in three sports: volleyball, basketball, and softball.
- Beacons Sports: Two Beacons Join 1,000 Point Club
Two UMass Boston Beacons joined the 1,000 point club this fall.
- UMass Boston Community Celebrates Fall Student-Athletes
Students, faculty, staff, and UMass Boston mascot Bobby the Beacon gathered Wednesday, November 19 to show their appreciation for the fall Beacons athletics teams. For the first time in school history, all three fall sports squads competed in the Little East Conference tournament.
- Celebrate a Banner Year for the Beacons
Come to the Campus Center for refreshments, music, and free t-shirts!
- UMass Boston to Host Three Conference Semifinal Matches This Week
The men's soccer team plays Wednesday at 1:30 p.m., the women's soccer team plays on Thursday at 1:30 p.m., and the volleyball team plays on Saturday at noon.
- Beacons Sports: Men’s Soccer Wins First Regular Season Conference Title; Volleyball 6th
The men’s soccer team won its first regular season Little East Conference title on Sunday, the volleyball team has won its sixth consecutive conference title on Tuesday, and the women’s soccer team could earn a conference title on Saturday.
- Beacons Sports: Men’s, Women’s Soccer Earn Shutout Wins in Conference Openers
The men’s and women’s soccer teams have both started their seasons strong in the Little East Conference, while the women's volleyball team is on a 10-game win streak.
- Beacons Sports: Volleyball Nets Coach Condon 200th Win
The volleyball team’s 3-0 victory over Babson College on Friday gave Terry Condon her 200th win as the Beacons head coach.
- UMass Boston Volleyball Team No. 22 in National Preseason Poll
UMass Boston’s volleyball team is ranked No. 22 in the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) preseason poll, only the second time in program history the Beacons have been ranked to open the year.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 19-November 25)
The volleyball team (24-16) nearly pulled off an upset in the NCAA national tournament on Thursday, but fell short of its goal to best the top Division III team, Calvin College, and advance.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 13-November 18)
The UMass Boston volleyball team (24-15) left for Holland, Michigan on Tuesday, taking the next step toward an NCAA title.
- Beacons Volleyball Wins 3rd Regional NCAA Title in 4 Years
The UMass Boston volleyball team defeated Williams College on Sunday to capture their third regional crown in four years. The Beacons will play in the first round of the NCAA national tourney on Thursday.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (November 7-November 12)
The Beacons (21-15) will face Wellesley College Friday afternoon in the first round of the NCAA tournament following their fifth straight Little East Conference tournament title.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 30-November 6)
The No. 1 Beacons take on No. 5 Eastern Connecticut State University at home today at 1:30 p.m. in the Little East Conference tournament semifinals.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 22-29)
The UMass Boston women’s volleyball team (17-13) secured their fifth straight Little East Conference regular season title Tuesday night.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (October 15-21)
The UMass Boston women's tennis team (6-9) is aiming for their first postseason team win in program history this afternoon.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (September 24-30)
The women's volleyball and soccer teams are tied for first place in their respective conferences.
- The Week in Beacons Sports (September 17-23)
The men's and women's soccer teams are 2-0 in the Little East Conference and volleyball alumna Shannon Thompson '13 has become the first player in program history to sign a professional contract.
- Intramural Co-Ed Volleyball Tournament
Sign up teams of 6-10 players for this co-ed volleyball tournament!
- The Week in Beacons Sports (Aug. 26-Sept. 2)
Coaches in the Little East Conference have made the Beacons women’s volleyball team their pick to repeat as conference champions this year. The women's soccer team has also been picked to repeat.
- 2013 Welcome Week Events: September 11
Learn about community engagement opportunities on campus, watch the Beacons volleyball team defend their conference title, and see magicians Nate Staniforth and Derek Hughes perform.
- Soccer, Volleyball Teams Receive Championship Rings
The women’s volleyball team, winners of their fourth straight Little East Conference regular season and tournament titles, had some company at the championship ring ceremony on Monday -- the women's soccer team.
- Despite Hurdles, Beacons Volleyball Team Matches Best-Ever Finish
With a brutal schedule and no home court, the UMass Boston women's spikers has every reason to struggle in 2012. Instead, they won their fourth LEC title.
- Beacons Volleyball Falls to CNU; Matches Best-Ever NCAA Finish
The University of Massachusetts Boston women’s volleyball team won their first set against the 2011 national runner-ups, and battled to a tie late in the fourth set before losing their NCAA quarterfinal match, 3-1, to Christopher Newport University on Thursday.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Wins NCAA Regional; Advances to Elite Eight
UMass Boston Spikers Make NCAA Quarterfinals; Women's Soccer Falls to Ithaca College
- Women’s Soccer, Volleyball Teams Win LEC Championship Games
Both the women’s soccer team and volleyball teams will be taking part in the NCAA Division III tournament. This will be the soccer team's first tournament appearance.
- UMass Boston Sports Teams Make School History in LEC Tourney
For the first time in the history of University of Massachusetts Boston athletics, two sports teams are competing in the Little East Conference Tournament as No. 1 seeds.
- 2012 Welcome Week Events: September 11
UMass Boston offers a variety of social, cultural, and educational opportunities outside the classroom. Connect with more than 100 student organizations.
- Beacons Volleyball Team Earns Highest-Ever Preseason Ranking
UMass Boston’s volleyball team made team history this month when the American Volleyball Coaches Association ranked them No. 16 out of 485 squads.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Receives 2011 Championship Rings
For the third year in a row, the University of Massachusetts Boston women's volleyball team received championship rings for its efforts.
- UMass Boston Volleyball Team Wins Third Little East Championship
UMass Boston's women’s volleyball team will face Polytechnic Institute of New York University in the first round of the NCAA Division III tournament.
- Beacons Volleyball Closes Out Conference Play with 3-0 Win, Moves to LEC Tournament
In their final regular season home match of 2011, the 18th ranked Beacons gave senior members Molly Rattigan and Cassy Hanneman the best type of a gift, a conference win as they defeated the visiting Owls of Keene State College.
- Women’s Volleyball Team Receives 2010 Championship Rings
The UMass Boston women's volleyball team capped off their best season in university history at their 2010 championship ring ceremony.
- UMass Boston Women’s Volleyball Captures Second Consecutive LEC Championship
The UMass Boston women’s volleyball team defeated Keene State College, 3-1, to capture the 2010 Little East Conference Championship.