- 2017 Graduating Senior Kosar Mohamed Gives Back to Her Local and Global Community
Mohamed hopes to help end the practice of child marriage.
- On Sanctuary and Fugitivity: Considerations for Immigration Politics
Spring 2017 Human Rights Keynote Lecure with Karma Chavez
- 13th by Ava DuVernay
Part of Women Take The Reel 2017
- The National Women’s Studies Association Post-election Statement
Combating the Climate of Fear, Division and Xenophobia in the Wake of the U.S. Presidential Election
- This Is Jeopardy!
WGS Open House 2016
- Humanizing the Sacred: Islam, Gender and Feminist Solidarity
Human Rights Keynote Fall 2016
- Professor Amy Den Ouden to Present at the Aquinnah Cultural Center
Indigenous Women, Colonial Violence, and Histories of Resistance in Southern New England
- Congratulations to the New Vice President of NWSA
WGS Chair Elora Chowdhury will serve from 2016-2018
- Elora Chowdhury in Lahore, Pakistan to Present at Second of Three Connected Conferences
Transregional Filmscapes in South Asia: Practices, Politics, History
- WGS Faculty Contributes to Welfare Reform Syllabus
Professor Lorna Rivera works with national campaign to promote awareness
- Black Lives Through the Arts
Barbara Lewis, the director of the William Monroe Trotter Institute for the Study of Black Culture, will moderate a discussion with filmmaker Tiona McClodden, filmmaker Shikeith, and others.
- Human Rights Keynote Spring 2016
- Women’s and Gender Studies 2015 Newsletter
We have been busy this year. Have a look!
- Human Rights Minor Introduced in UMass Boston College of Liberal Arts
The Mass Media has the scoop!
- Rape and the Body Gap: Narratives of Dissent in Bawandar and India’s Daughter
Women's and Gender Studies, in collaboration with Asian Studies present
- Avatars of Bionationalism: Science, Religion, and the Quest for a Modern India
Join WGS, Asian Studies, and Dr. Banu Subramaniam for...
- 100% Woman
For the first 20 years of her life, mountain bike champ Michelle Dumaresq was Michael. 100% Woman is an adrenaline-fueled ride-along on her controversial foray into international women's competition.
- Occupations, Border-Crossings, and Gender
The Human Rights Minor Presents