Tag: Women's And Gender Studies
- Why Human Rights Education Matters: A UMass Boston Student Panel
The Introduction to Human Rights class and the Women’s and Gender Studies Department invite you to the fall WGS Open House.
- UMass Boston’s CLA Undergraduate Research Showcase Highlights Academically Ambitious Students
On April 25, undergraduate students gathered in UMass Boston’s Alumni Lounge to present posters and papers.
- Screening of Dawnland
Featured Session for Not My Normal Teach In **Special rough cut sneak preview**
- 13th by Ava DuVernay
Part of Women Take The Reel 2017
- The National Women’s Studies Association Post-election Statement
Combating the Climate of Fear, Division and Xenophobia in the Wake of the U.S. Presidential Election
- This Is Jeopardy!
WGS Open House 2016
- Humanizing the Sacred: Islam, Gender and Feminist Solidarity
Human Rights Keynote Fall 2016
- Professor Amy Den Ouden to Present at the Aquinnah Cultural Center
Indigenous Women, Colonial Violence, and Histories of Resistance in Southern New England
- Congratulations to the New Vice President of NWSA
WGS Chair Elora Chowdhury will serve from 2016-2018
- Elora Chowdhury in Lahore, Pakistan to Present at Second of Three Connected Conferences
Transregional Filmscapes in South Asia: Practices, Politics, History
- WGS Faculty Contributes to Welfare Reform Syllabus
Professor Lorna Rivera works with national campaign to promote awareness
- Human Rights Graduate to Serve on Easton Human Rights Commission
Sumayia Zama, Human Right Minor alum, invited to serve her community
- Associate Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies Awarded Prestigious Grant
Professor Amy Den Ouden receives grant for Native American Research
- Black Lives Through the Arts
Barbara Lewis, the director of the William Monroe Trotter Institute for the Study of Black Culture, will moderate a discussion with filmmaker Tiona McClodden, filmmaker Shikeith, and others.
- Human Rights Keynote Spring 2016
- SophoMORE Connects Liberal Arts Students with Alumni, Career Help
The College of Liberal Arts SophoMORE program offers sophomore students workshops for resume writing, networking, and professional communication, and participation in a required job shadow, often with UMass Boston alumni.
- UMass Boston Alum Awarded Fulbright to Teach in Colombia
Placidina Fico '15 will spend the next 10 months sharing US language and culture with students in South America
- Women’s and Gender Studies 2015 Newsletter
We have been busy this year. Have a look!
- Human Rights Minor Introduced in UMass Boston College of Liberal Arts
The Mass Media has the scoop!
- Rape and the Body Gap: Narratives of Dissent in Bawandar and India’s Daughter
Women's and Gender Studies, in collaboration with Asian Studies present
- Avatars of Bionationalism: Science, Religion, and the Quest for a Modern India
Join WGS, Asian Studies, and Dr. Banu Subramaniam for...
- 100% Woman
For the first 20 years of her life, mountain bike champ Michelle Dumaresq was Michael. 100% Woman is an adrenaline-fueled ride-along on her controversial foray into international women's competition.
- Occupations, Border-Crossings, and Gender
The Human Rights Minor Presents
- Women’s and Gender Studies Holds 40th Anniversary Reunion Celebration
The Women’s and Gender Studies Department of the College of Liberal Arts celebrated its 40th anniversary on November 1 with a daylong party in the Campus Center Alumni Lounge focused on the department’s growth, its graduates and students, and its future.
- 9th Annual Cape Verdean-Jewish Passover Seder
Join UMass Boston's Africana Studies Department and Women's and Gender Studies Department for this free event.