Tag: Women's Studies
- The National Women’s Studies Association Post-election Statement
Combating the Climate of Fear, Division and Xenophobia in the Wake of the U.S. Presidential Election
- UMass Boston’s Bobel Is Go-To Voice As Media Focuses on Menstrual Health
Associate Professor of Women's Studies Chris Bobel has been studying the politics of periods for more than 20 years.
- Black Lives Through the Arts
Barbara Lewis, the director of the William Monroe Trotter Institute for the Study of Black Culture, will moderate a discussion with filmmaker Tiona McClodden, filmmaker Shikeith, and others.
- Women’s and Gender Studies 2015 Newsletter
We have been busy this year. Have a look!
- Restitución de Niños: A Conversation with Las Abuelas de Plaza de Mayo
A conversation with Estela Barnes de Carlotto and Buscarita Roa of Las Abuelas de Plaza de Mayo.
- The X Annual Social Theory Forum
Critical Theory and the Politics of Visual Representation
- New Feminist Agenda: Former VT Governor Calls for Revolution in Work, Family Structures
Promoting her new book, Madeleine Kunin notes that “gender equality remains an elusive goal.”
- Women and Hunger: Putting Food on the Table
Center for Women in Politics and Center for Social Policy support event at Simmons College featuring Professor Randy Albelda as guest speaker.
- The Swing Vote: The Power of Independent Voters in 2012
Sponsored by the Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy, DC journalist Linda Killian leads a timely discussion on the untapped power of independents in the upcoming election.
- A Book Reading and Discussion with Author Bandana Purkayastha
The Consortium on Gender, Security and Human Rights; The American Islamic Congress; and Project Nur are sponsoring this event, which will be moderated by Elora Halim Chowdury.
- Special Film Screening of Meherjaan
Join us for a film and a discussion with the film's director, Rubaiyat Hossain.