Tag: Women In Politics
- Alumna Leads Effort to Give Massachusetts Home Health Aides a Raise
McCormack Graduate School alumna Lisa Gurgone (WPPP '08) successfully advocates to raise the wages of home care workers.
- Three McCormack Faculty Earn Healey Research and Public Service Grants
Professors Ann Bookman, Maria Ivanova, and Courtenay Sprague have earned internal grants to advance their research and service projects.
- A Celebration of the Life and Leadership of Polly Logan
The Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy celebrates the life and leadership of Polly Logan at this invitation-only event to benefit the Polly Logan Fund.
- Globe Columnist Speaks on Topic of Women in Politics
Joanna Weiss speaks on challenges faced by women in politics and the need for increased action on policy matters important to women and working families.
- Congressmen’s Substantive Representation of Women’s Interests as More Women Enter the U.S. House
Join us for this Department of Public Policy and Public Affairs colloquium with political scientist, Erin O'Brien.
- UMass Boston, Women’s Pipeline for Change Aim to Boost Women of Color in Politics
Five women of color political leaders from across Massachusetts share their findings from a two-year experiential research project.
- Miss Representation to Mass Representation: Educating for Change
Join us for a film screening and discussion sponsored by Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy.
- UMass Boston Study Takes In-Depth Look at Midwifery Workforce in Massachusetts
A Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy report shows the number of nurse-midwife-attended births more than doubled between 1990 and 2008 in Massachusetts.