- WUMB 91.9FM to Broadcast First Night Boston Concert
For the fourth straight year, WUMB 91.9FM will be broadcasting the First Night Boston concert live. This year's performers are singer-songwriter Patty Larkin and roots multi-instrumentalist Dom Flemons.
- Singer-Songwriter Sierra Hull’s First Night Boston Concert to Air Live on WUMB 91.9FM
Sierra Hull will be performing in this year’s First Night Boston festival, at a concert sponsored by the University of Massachusetts Boston’s WUMB 91.9FM and the Berklee College of Music.
- Federal Reserve Bank CEO Speaks on National Economic Outlook
In a speech at UMass Boston, Boston Federal Reserve Bank President Eric Rosengren said that while there have been some areas of improved economic performance, the economy “remains challenged.”
- Meet the Next Mayor of Boston on WUMB’s “Commonwealth Journal”
11 Candidates for City’s Top Office to Appear on Weekly Radio Show Starting Sunday
- UMass Boston Minutes Highlight Students, Faculty, and Staff
Next time you tune in to WUMB 91.9 FM, you’ll hear a new series of 60-second stories about UMass Boston.
- WUMB, Berklee Bring Free Live Music to Carson Beach
Concerts on Dorchester Bay Will Highlight Local Artists
- UMass Boston’s WUMB Radio Welcomes New Host to Commonwealth Journal
McCormack Grad School dean tackles timely cultural and public affairs topics like climate change, Middle East peace, and more.
- Dukakis, Bulger Visit WUMB Radio’s Commonwealth Journal
Two Legends of Massachusetts Politics Talk to Professor Maurice Cunningham
- MSBDC Regional Boston Director to Visit WUMB Radio’s Commonwealth Journal
The Boston regional director of a statewide coalition to boost small business in Massachusetts will appear on WUMB 91.9 FM’s award-winning program Commonwealth Journal on Sunday, October 21.
- Top U.S. Education Official to Visit WUMB Radio’s Commonwealth Journal
U.S. Under Secretary of Education Martha Kanter, the second-ranking official in the Department of Education, will appear on WUMB 91.9 FM’s award-winning program Commonwealth Journal on Sunday, October 14.
- Sunday on Commonwealth Journal: Social Emotions Researcher David DeSteno
WUMB's public affairs program to host Northeastern University professor, best-selling author on October 7 show
- WUMB Broadcasting Live from Newport Folk Festival
WUMB 91.9FM will broadcast live this weekend from the sold-out Newport Folk Festival in Fort Adams State Park in Newport, Rhode Island, and host live streaming video coverage of performances on the www.wumb.org website.
- WUMB, Berklee Bring Fox Point Music Series to UMass Boston
WUMB Radio 91.9FM and Berklee College of Music are teaming up to hold a series of free outdoor concerts this summer at the Fox Point Pavilion on the University of Massachusetts Boston’s oceanfront campus.
- Butterfly Festival
As a part of The Big Read, WUMB Radio is hosting a Dominican Butterfly festival based on Julia Alvarez's book In The Time of The Butterflies.
- UMass Boston Students Help WUMB Radio Station to Engage Their Listeners
A team of UMass Boston students worked on a semester project to renew the social media activity of WUMB, a nationally recognized NPR folk and roots music radio station at UMass Boston.
- Commissioner Richard Freeland Appears on WUMB Radio’s Commonwealth Journal
WUMB 91.9FM’s Commonwealth Journal featured Richard M. Freeland, commissioner of higher education for Massachusetts.
- Grammy Award-Winning Carolina Chocolate Drops Visit WUMB Radio
The Grammy Award-winning Carolina Chocolate Drops stopped by UMass Boston to talk about their latest album and perform at WUMB 91.9FM studios. The interview and performance will air Friday at noon on 91.9FM and online at www.wumb.org.
- UMass Boston Students Take Home Golden Microphone Trophy
UMass Boston seniors Caleb Nelson and Jacob Sommer won an Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS) award for their project JFK 50, a series of vignettes about John F. Kennedy's presidency.
- Three UMass Boston Students Finalists in National Radio Competition
Three University of Massachusetts Boston students have been selected as finalists for the third annual Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS) Awards.
- Student DJs Host Weekly Shows on WUMB
This semester, students at UMass Boston got a chance to earn their own radio show on WUMB 91.9FM by competing for the votes of judges.
- UMass President Caret Appears on WUMB Radio’s Commonwealth Journal
WUMB 91.9FM’s awarding-winning program Commonwealth Journal will feature University of Massachusetts President Robert Caret on the show Sunday, October 16, at 7 p.m.
- WUMB Radio Welcomes New Saturday Night Blues Host
WUMB 91.9FM is excited to welcome Brendan Hogan as host of the station’s new Saturday night blues show.
- WUMB Radio One of 76 Organizations to Receive a Big Read Grant
The University of Massachusetts Boston’s public radio station, WUMB-FM has been selected to receive a $17,000 grant from the National Endowment of the Arts (NEA) to again bring The Big Read to Boston residents.
- WUMB Music Fest 2011 Adds Local, Campus Talent
For the first time, the WUMB Music Fest includes a special showcase highlighting the talents of the UMass Boston community.
- WUMB Radio to Host 14th Annual Music Festival on June 5
Coming back for its 14th year on UMass Boston’s waterfront campus, the 2011 WUMB Music Fest promises something for every kind of music lover.
- WUMB Kicks off $7 Million Capital Campaign at UMass Boston
WUMB Radio 91.9 FM kicked off its “Preserving the Past, Building the Future” Capital Campaign on August 11 with a performance by Grammy winner Judy Collins.
- Golden Key and WUMB Lead “Share the Warmth” Clothing Drive
UMass Boston’s WUMB and the Golden Key International Honour Society sponsored a concert, free with the donation of new or used clean warm clothes.