Who We Can Help
The pension lawyers and counselors at the Illinois Pension Assistance Project can answer your pension questions, free of charge, on any private retirement plan, including:
- Traditional “defined benefit” pension plans;
- Cash balance and other “hybrid” pension plans;
- 401(k), 403(b), and 457 “defined contribution” plans; and
- Money purchase and other profit-sharing plans.
Request help if:
- you currently live or work in Illinois, or if you lived or worked in the region while earning the pension; or
- if the company or pension plan is headquartered or has operations in Illinois, or if it had operations in the region when the pension was earned.
If you are outside of the Illinois area, please visit the link below to see if there is a similar service available in your area. Currently, 30 states are served by a free pension counseling program.
Questions About Your Pension?
UMass Boston’s Pension Action Center can help. Call us toll-free at 888.425.6077 or request help online. Read More