Who We Can Help
The New England Pension Assistance Project serves Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Download our flyer.
The pension lawyers and counselors at the New England Pension Assistance Project can answer your pension questions, free of charge, on any private retirement plan, including:
- Traditional “defined benefit” pension plans
- Cash balance and other “hybrid” pension plans
- 401(k), 403(b), and 457 “defined contribution” plans
- Money purchase and other profit-sharing plans
The New England Pension Assistance Project also helps people with questions on government-sponsored retirement plans.
Request help if:
- you currently live or work in New England, or if you lived or worked in the region while earning the pension; or
- if the company or pension plan is headquartered or has operations in New England, or if it had operations in the region when the pension was earned.
If you are outside of the New England area, please visit the link below to see if there is a similar service available in your area. Currently, 30 states are served by a free pension-counseling program.
Questions About Your Pension?
UMass Boston’s Pension Action Center can help. Call us toll-free at 888.425.6077 or request help online. Read More