Pension Action Center

Retrieve. Protect. Maximize.

Who We Can Help

The New England Pension Assistance Project serves Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Download our flyer.

The pension lawyers and counselors at the New England Pension Assistance Project can answer your pension questions, free of charge, on any private retirement plan, including:

  •      Traditional “defined benefit” pension plans
  •      Cash balance and other “hybrid” pension plans
  •      401(k), 403(b), and 457 “defined contribution” plans
  •      Money purchase and other profit-sharing plans

The New England Pension Assistance Project also helps people with questions on government-sponsored retirement plans.

Request help if:

  • you currently live or work in New England, or if you lived or worked in the region while earning the pension; or
  • if the company or pension plan is headquartered or has operations in New England, or if it had operations in the region when the pension was earned.

If you are outside of the New England area, please visit the link below to see if there is a similar service available in your area. Currently, 30 states are served by a free pension-counseling program.

Picture of a woman on the phone for the Pension Action Center

Questions About Your Pension?

UMass Boston’s Pension Action Center can help. Call us toll-free at 888.425.6077 or request help online. Read More 

Need help now?

Call the New England Pension Assistance Project: 617.287.7307 (or toll-free: 888.425.6067) or use our online form to request assistance. Read More 

New England and Illinois Pension Counseling Projects

Learn more about what the lawyers and pension counselors at the center's counseling projects do and the types of cases they handle. Read More 

Twenty Years, $45 Million in Benefits

A fundraiser in September, 2014 celebrating the Pension Action Center and its founder, Ellen A. Bruce. Read More