Fitness & Wellness
- Click here for our monthly schedule!
- Yoga mats are NOW for sale at the front desk!
- ONE DAY PROGRAMS: 4.28 "WOD Friday" (workout of the day) See Fitness Attendant 9:00am - 5:00pm, 5.4 “How-to series part one: The Deadlift!” 5:00pm - 6:30pm, 5.5 "Zumba Demo Class" 1:00pm - 1:45pm
About Fitness & Wellness:
The University of Massachusetts Boston's Fitness & Wellness program is dedicated to the students, alumni, staff, and faculty of UMass Boston. Here you will find a friendly, healthy environment for everybody from the beginning exerciser to the well-conditioned athlete.
Whether you are new to exercise or want to take your workouts to the next level, our fitness & wellness program is confident we have the programs and fitness staff that can help you reach your goals! Please take time to check out the Beacon Fitness Center, located on the first floor of McCormack Hall.
We offer over several different group fitness class styles year-round. Just show up a few minutes before each class starts, it’s that simple! Instructors are trained to give exercise modifications so that beginners and regular exercises are challenged appropriately. Zumba, TRX, Total Body Conditioning, and Yoga are some of our great offerings.
For information on group fitness and personal training please browse our links on the left side of this page.
- Facilities & hours of operation
- State of the art strength and cardiovascular equipment
- Personal training and fitness assessments
- Free group fitness classes
- Membership eligibility and procedures
- Equipment checkout policy
- Rules and regulations
Need a spotter? Want to use a jump rope for your workout? Having trouble finding something?
If any assistance is needed in spotting or instruction, or if you’d like to check out any of our fitness equipment to help enhance your workout, feel free to ask one of our Fitness Attendants for help. Look out for the GREEN SHIRTS on the floor!
The Beacon Fitness Center will close for all university-dictated closings due to weather or other emergencies. For more questions, call 617.287.6786 during operating hours.