Fitness & Wellness
- UMass Boston is hosting the National Strength and Conditioning Association – CSCS prep class! Take $50.00 off with code 2018EPUMB $240 per student and $65 for student membership.
- Click here for our Recreation schedule
- Taekwondo Demo Class: June 4th in the Beacon Fitness Center from 12:30pm - 1:30pm
About Fitness & Wellness:
The University of Massachusetts Boston's Fitness & Wellness program is dedicated to the students, alumni, staff, and faculty of UMass Boston. Here you will find a friendly, healthy environment for everybody from the beginning exerciser to the well-conditioned athlete.
Whether you are new to exercise or want to take your workouts to the next level, our fitness & wellness program is confident we have the programs and fitness staff that can help you reach your goals! Please take time to check out the Beacon Fitness Center, located on the first floor of McCormack Hall.
We offer over several different group fitness class styles year-round. Just show up a few minutes before each class starts, it’s that simple! Instructors are trained to give exercise modifications so that beginners and regular exercises are challenged appropriately. Zumba, TRX, Total Body Conditioning, and Yoga are some of our great offerings.
For information on group fitness and personal training please browse our links on the left side of this page.
Inside the Beacon Fitness Center:
- Facilities & hours of operation
- State of the art strength and cardiovascular equipment
- Personal training and fitness assessments
- Free group fitness classes (schedule)
- Membership eligibility and procedures
- Equipment check out policy
- Beacon Fitness Center Rules
- Group Fitness Rules
Need a spotter? Want to use a jump rope for your workout? Having trouble finding something?
If any assistance is needed in spotting or instruction, or if you’d like to check out any of our fitness equipment to help enhance your workout, feel free to ask one of our Fitness Attendants for help. Look out for the GREEN SHIRTS on the floor!
The Beacon Fitness Center will close for all university-dictated closings due to weather or other emergencies. For more questions, call 617.287.6786 during operating hours.
Mental Health Resources
Follow the link for anonymous, online emotional, and mental health resources