Grade Submission Policy
Frequently Asked Questions on Grade Rosters and Grade Submissions.
PLEASE NOTE: Late grade submissions create problems on students’ records. They delay important reports and prevent registration for future classes when prerequisites are involved. They also create unnecessary processing issues requiring manual intervention. Please take extra care to submit grades on time.
- When are grades due for the spring and fall semesters?
- Grades are due the week after final exams. Please check the academic calendar for the final submission date. Please note: Any entered grades left in review status after the final submission date will be posted by the Registrar’s Office.
- When are grades due for the winter and summer semesters?
- Grades are due one week after the final class. Winter and summer sessions DO NOT HAVE FINAL EXAM PERIODS. Please note: Any entered grades left in review status after the final submission date will be posted by the Registrar’s Office.
- What is “last date of attendance policy” and how do I determine a student’s last date of attendance?
- For information about the new federal regulation around last date of attendance and the processes for recording that information, go to: https://www.umb.edu/editor_uploads/images/registrar/LDA_FAQ.docx
- There is also a link to the information on the grade rosters.
- I noticed a student missing from grade roster, how can I submit a grade?
- Send an email from your faculty UMass Boston email account to Registrar@umb.edu including the student name, ID number, course information and the grade earned. Please note: Late course additions may cause changes in financial aid and the semester bill. Students may find themselves responsible for the full course payment before the grade is added.
- How can I change an INC to a grade?
- Email Registrar@umb.edu from your faculty UMass Boston email account with the student name and ID number along with the course info and semester taken
- Fill out the paper Change of Grade form found at the Registrar’s Office. The only signature required is the professors. Submit to CC-4-4100 Office of the Registrar for processing.
- How can I change a grade to a grade?
- Fill out the paper Change of Grade form and include a written explanation for the change. Professor and chairperson Signatures are required. Submit to CC-4-4100 Office of the Registrar for processing.
- Using their faculty UMass Boston email account, the professor emails the chairperson the student name and ID number along with the course, semester taken and grade to the chairperson. The chairperson forwards the email with their note of approval to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I submit a grade for a course that changed to an ‘IF’?
- As long as it is within the past 4 years you can fill out the paper Change of Grade form and attach a letter of explanation for the late submission. Submit Undergraduate requests to Undergraduate Studies. Submit Graduate requests to Graduate Studies. Please note: All requests are reviewed by a committee and it can take several weeks for processing.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Registrar’s Office with any questions or concerns.