The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 requires a student’s written consent to share their transcript with third parties. In order for the Office of the Registrar to release an official copy of your transcript, you must submit your written and signed authorization.
You can request an official copy of your transcript several ways:
- In person, at the One Stop, Upper Level Campus Center. The request will take at least two business days to process or 7-10 days if you attended prior to 1982.
- Through the mail. Please send to: Office of the Registrar, University of Massachusetts, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA 02125.
- By fax. Submit this Requesting Transcripts form (PDF) to 617.287.6242.
- Through the WISER system. You will need your UMass Boston student email and password to access the WISER System.
- For Common App electronic transcript requests please use email@example.com as your recommender.
You cannot request a transcript via email.
All requests must include:
- Your complete name and any maiden or any other name including any title
- Date of birth
- Indication of if it is for a UMass Boston record or Boston State College record
- Your dates of attendance
- Date of graduation and type of degree received (if applicable)
- The name and address of the official transcript destination, or an indication that you would like to pick it up (picture ID required)
- Your address and a phone number where you can be reached
- Number of official copies of transcript being requested
- Your signature
An official transcript will be printed on Blue Official UMass Boston transcript paper, and will carry the signature of the Registrar, the seal of UMass Boston, and the date it is issued.
An official transcript may be sent to the student in a sealed and stamped envelope as well as to the destination(s) indicated on the written and signed request. There are no charges for transcripts.
Boston State College Transcripts
The University of Massachusetts Boston is the certifying agent for course work taken at Boston State College, which was closed on January 24, 1982.
Transcripts for all students enrolled at Boston State College prior to its closing will carry the heading of Boston State College. Transcripts for students who were enrolled at the University of Massachusetts Boston as a result of this merger will have a record that reflects work taken at both institutions.
Some of the students will still have transcripts that carry a Boston State heading.
Please note: It may take about a week to process requests for Boston State transcripts.