NOTICE: The Transcript Ordering System will be unavailable Saturday October 15th at 5:00pm through Sunday, October 16th at 12 noon for scheduled system maintenance.
Now there is a faster and easier way! Order your transcript online for a nominal fee via the secure website.
- Electronic transcripts are processed within 24 hours. They are trackable.
- You will find out if there are any holds on your account immediately.
- Pay with any major credit card or debit card: National Student Clearinghouse charges $2.25 processing fee and extra $1.00 for an electronic PDF order.
- All you need is an email account and your electronic signature.
There are two ways to order an electronic transcript:
- If you have access to WISER you can log into to your account and choose “expedited transcript” from the Quick links menu. Note: you must have pop-ups enabled in your browser.
- If you do not have access to wiser you can login to the Clearinghouse secure site. Or cut and paste this URL you’re your browser navigation bar: https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/secure_area/Transcript/login.asp?FICEcode=00222200
The only students who cannot take advantage of this expedited service are those who graduated From UMass Boston prior to spring of 1982 or attended Boston State College.
Paper Transcripts (via mail or in person pick up):
If you are in no hurry and want the free option, or if you attended prior to 1982 or Boston State College follow the steps below:
- Order through the WISER system: Use your UMass Boston student email and password.
- In person: Go to the One Stop, Upper Level Campus Center.
- The request will take at least two business days.
- By fax: Submit this Requesting Transcripts form (PDF) to 617.287.6242.
- By snail mail: Send Transcript Request Form to: Office of the Registrar, University of Massachusetts, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA 02125.
- Please allow 5 business days to process
You cannot request a transcript via email because we need your signature. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 requires a student’s written consent to share their transcript with third parties. In order for the Office of the Registrar to release an official copy of your transcript, you must submit your written and signed authorization.
Boston State College Transcripts
The University of Massachusetts Boston is the certifying agent for course work taken at Boston State College, which was closed on January 24, 1982.
Transcripts for all students enrolled at Boston State College prior to its closing will carry the heading of Boston State College. Transcripts for students who were enrolled at the University of Massachusetts Boston as a result of this merger will have a record that reflects work taken at both institutions.
Some of the students will still have transcripts that carry a Boston State heading.
Allow 7-10 business days to process requests for Boston State transcripts.