TriBeta Honor Society Applications
Welcome biology faculty, graduate students and undergraduates! You are all cordially invited to join our chapter Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) Biological Honors Society.
Theta Omicron Chapter, UMass Boston
TriBeta is a national biological honors society founded in 1922, with over 430 chapters and more than 175,000 members. The goals of TriBeta are to promote interest
in the biological sciences and to support and promote student research. TriBeta holds national and regional conventions and publishes a journal, BIOS, in which students can publish their work. Chapters have regular meetings and organize activities in the spirit of the goals of TriBeta. Faculty, graduate students, and post-bac students can join as well as undergraduate students.
Applications are due by March 23, 2022 in person to the Biology main office located in Wheatley Hall-3rd Floor-Room 21.
Undergraduate Memberships Criteria
Regular Member - fee of $55
- Is an undergraduate Biology Major
- Has completed at least three Biology courses – with at least two Biology courses completed at UMass Boston
- Has a minimum 3.0 GPA calculated for all Biology courses completed
- You must include your current degree audit with application
- Is in good academic standing
- This is a lifetime membership & comes with an honor cord
Associate Member - fee of $45
- Anyone that is interested in biology but is ineligible to join as a Regular Member
- This membership ends upon graduation or departure from UMass Boston
- Once an Associate Member meets the criteria to become a Regular Member, they can change their status to become a Regular Member for an additional fee of $10, which goes directly to TriBeta National Office.