We are interested in hearing from you. Please send us your questions and feedback. We respond to all questions and include the most frequently asked questions on this page.
How can I learn more about the development of UMass Boston's master plan?
We created a webpage that provides detailed background information about the Master Plan development process. It can be accessed here.
What are the master plan projects currently in development?
UMass Boston is currently focusing on developing priority projects that will be developed within the first 10 years (or Phase One) of the 25-year campus master plan. These projects include:
- Integrated Sciences Complex
- General Academic Building No. 1
- Renovations to Existing Academic Buildings
- Utility Corridor and Roadway Relocation
- HarborWalk improvements and shoreline stabilization
I’d like to read and review the master plan. Where can I find it?
You can read or download an electronic version of the master plan document. To review a printed copy of the plan, please contact the Office of Campus Master Planning at 617.287.5100 or by email.
How is UMass Boston’s Master Plan coordinated with city and other institutions that are involved in the planning for areas around the campus?
The City of Boston completed a master planning process for all of Columbia Point under the aegis of the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA). UMass Boston is working closely with staff from the BRA to coordinate campus and city plans to ensure that both entities will mutually benefit from future changes on the peninsula. The campus is working closely with the Boston Transportation Department and the Department of Conversation and Recreation to ensure that planning efforts are coordinated appropriately. In addition, the University continues to reach out to the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate, the Massachusetts Archives, and Boston College High School to coordinate planned changes to their facilities.
How can I keep up to date on campus changes?
There are several ways to keep up to date on campus changes:
- On a regular basis, UMass Boston holds open meetings for the campus community and the general public. Please continue to check our website for meeting announcements.
- To keep up to date on construction happenings via email, subscribe to UMass Boston Construction Updates.
- The campus recently created a construction newsletter called Building Connections, which will be published quarterly.
- On request, representatives from the Office of Campus Master Planning are available to visit departments to provide briefings and updates on campus planning efforts and changes.
- At any time, please also feel welcome to contact us with any specific questions or comments that you may have.