So far in 2017:
- The University of Massachusetts Boston is one of the silver award recipients on Victory Media Inc.’s 2017 Military Friendly School® list.
- The Princeton Review put UMass Boston on its "Best in the Northeast" list and its "Green Colleges" list.
- UMass Boston was one of three institutions in Massachusetts that received INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine's Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award.
- UMass Boston was one of four institutions nationwide to earn the comprehensive 2016 Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization, given by NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
- The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education designated UMass Boston as an institution of "higher research activity." UMass Boston was one of only 107 U.S. universities to receive this classification.
- U.S. News & World Report listed six UMass Boston graduate programs among the top 100 in their respective categories.
- CEO Magazine ranked the College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston as a Tier One business school in its 2016 Global MBA Rankings.
- Victory Media Inc. named UMass Boston a Military Friendly School®.
In 2015, The Princeton Review put UMass Boston on its lists of:
|Rehabilitation Counseling||No. 24||
Our program prepares students to work with individuals who face barriers to employment, such as
|Master of Nursing||No. 52||Our comprehensive approach to education uniquely positions us to meet very real health care needs of our city, state, and nation by educating knowledgeable providers of skilled nursing care, analyzing and creating health policy, and increasing the health of diverse urban populations. Our singularity has made us a model for programs nationwide.|
|Doctor of Nursing Practice||No. 58||The focus of the DNP degree program is on increasing the appropriate supply, diversity, and distribution of highly trained advanced practice nurses to meet emerging health care system needs.|
|Graduate Programs in Education||No. 71||The College of Education and Human Development generates knowledge, fosters engaged learning, promotes social justice, and empowers students, educators, other professionals, and community members through teaching, research, evaluation, and public service.|
|Master's Programs in Public Affairs||No. 77||Our MSPA prepares students for careers in public service and enhances the skills of those already employed in the public sector.|
|Doctor of Clinical Psychology||No. 87||Our graduates translate basic psychological knowledge into practical applications to meet the needs of children, adolescents and adults from diverse economic, racial, and socio-cultural groups.|
|MBA||No. 41||The MBA program at UMass Boston, ranked No. 41 in North America by TopMBA in the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report, combines a focused management curriculum and allows students to customize their experience by completing one or more of 14 specializations.|
The University of Massachusetts system is No. 141 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016 and No. 83 in life sciences.