Learn the Tech Tools you need to succeed in your course, your work, and beyond!
Classes are scheduled to be convenient to your schedule, while offering an intensive look at the topic. Attendance isn't required for all sessions in a series, but if you do attend the whole series, you will receive a certificate of completion.
Full attendance is NOT required.
Learn all about Excel, from basic usage to advanced functions and techniques. Many people know excel by picking it up over the course of years, but taking a comprehensive series like this will truly make you an expert!
- July 6th 1:00 - 3:00 Intro to Excel
- July 7th 1:00 - 3:00 Charting and Data Visualization
- July 8th 1:00 - 3:00 Databases using Excel
- July 9th 1:00 - 3:00 Excel Formulas and Functions
- July 10th 1:00 - 3:00 Excel for Document Design
Learn about the tools and services used by the UMass Boston community to help you be more productive at work. Learn how to put your content online, share files, and collaborate with colleagues!
- July 27th 10:00 - 11:00 Presentations Outside the Box with Prezi!
- July 28th 10:00 - 12:00 Google Docs, Calendars, & more with Google Apps!
- July 28th 1:00 - 3:00 Document Collaboration with Xythos!
- July 29th 10:00 - 12:00 Voice & Video Presentations with VoiceThread!
- July 29th 1:00 - 2:30 Create your own custom Google Maps!
Learn how to use UMass Boston's Learning Management System (LMS) Blackboard Learn to add online elements to face-to-face courses or facilitate fully-online courses.
- July 14nd 10:00 - 12:00 Intro to Blackboard
- July 14nd 1:00 - 3:00 Creating Accessible Content
- July 15nd 10:00 - 12:00 Intro to Blackboard
- July 15nd 1:00 - 3:00 Mastering the Grade Center
- July 16nd 10:00 - 11:00 Assignments and Plagiarism Detection
- July 16nd 11:00 - 12:00 Groups and Collaborative Projects
- July 16nd 1:00 - 3:00 Tests and Ensuring Academic Integrity
Learn PowerPoint in depth with this two-day series covering basic through advanced topics that will give your presentation a professional polish. Learn the do's and don'ts of using PowerPoint effectively during your presentation.
- July 20th 10:00 - 12:00 Introduction to PowerPoint
- July 20th 1:00 - 3:00 Transitions & Animations
- July 21st 10:00 - 12:00 Inserting Audio and Video
- July 21st 1:00 - 3:00 Make Your Point with PowerPoint
Did you know software that like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere and Acrobat Pro XI are available to faculty and staff for a huge discount? Come to this series to learn how to use some of the powerful Adobe tools.
- July 20th 10:00 - 12:00 Intro to Adobe Acrobat Pro
- July 20th 1:00 - 3:00 Intro to Photoshop
- July 21st 10:00 - 12:00 Photo Editing & Manipulation
- July 21st 1:00 - 3:00 Photoshop for Web Editors
- July 22nd 1:00 - 3:00 Web Photography
- July 30th 1:00 - 3:00 Introduction to Adobe Flash
- July 31st 1:00 - 3:00 Animation with Adobe Flash