Make this the summer you get the tech skills you need to succeed!
UMass Boston’s eLearning & Instructional Support (eLIS) is offering new online 1-hour webinars for this year’s Summer Camp. Learn in the comfort of your own home or at the beach.
• Aug 9 @ 10:30 am: Managing Your Workflow: Using Online Assignments
• Aug 9 @ 1:00 pm: Absorb, Do, Connect
• Aug 10 @ 2:00 pm: Web Conferencing with Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
• Aug 15 @ 2:00 pm: Speed Dating with Technology
• Aug 17 @ 11:00 am: Using Blackboard Groups to Facilitate Collaboration
• Aug 17 @ 2:00 pm: Introduction to Teaching with Blackboard Learn
▶ Learn More and Sign Up for the Blackboard Classes!
Did you know that faculty and staff get a huge discount on Adobe software? Come to one or more of these sessions to learn how to use these powerful multimedia creation tools!
• Tuesday August 8th, 11-12:30: Adobe InDesign Basics
• Wednesday August 16th 1-3: Creating Graphics with Adobe Illustrator
• Thursday August 17th 2-3: Communicate with Impact: Adobe Spark
• Friday August 18th 11-12: Introduction to Acrobat Professional
▶ Learn More and Sign Up for the Adobe Classes!
Learn about PowerPoint in depth with this short series covering basic and advanced topics that will give your presentation a professional polish.
• Tuesday August 22nd, 12:30-2:30: Introduction to PowerPoint
• Thursday August 24th, 12:30-2:30: Transitions and Animations
• Friday August 25th, 12:30-2:30: Inserting Audio and Video
▶ Learn More and Sign Up for the PowerPoint Clases
Is your section of the UMass Boston website as good as it can be? Learn to make your website intuitive for your visitors, track traffic on your page to gauge effectiveness, and add images effectively. You'll leave from this week with the skills to easily make your section of the website amazing!
• Initial Web Trainings: 4 more dates coming up!
• Siteimprove Analytics Boot Camp: Aug. 15th-17th
▶ Learn More and Sign Up for the Website Classes
Learn about iPad apps to create impactful presentations, keep your digital life organized, and improve your research skills. iPads will be provided by the Library.
• Tuesday August 8th, 12-1: Apps for Productivity
• Thursday August 10th, 10-11: Accessibility Tools and Apps
• Thursday August 10th, 2-3: Tools to Make Your Next Presentation Outstanding
▶ Learn More and Sign Up for the iPad Classes
Get up to speed quickly with the new Windows 10, by learning all the new features and how they can help you work quickly and efficiently!
• Thursday August 17th, 12:30-2:30: Learn More and Sign Up for the Windows Class