- In addition to $26M in research awards leveraged by the partnership, Massachusetts Life Science Initiative committed a $10M earmark grant in 2009 toward the development of the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy.
- $13.6M has been raised for training programs eg. IMSD, Bridges, Center of Excellence and Genomic Science, LSAMP and GAAN.
- 25 faculty members from UMass Boston are associate members of the DF/HCC; and a number of junior and senior faculty members have been recruited, including the joint recruitment of nursing faculty at UMass Boston: Mary Cooley.
- An endowed professorship Brann Chair position has been created. This person will be the leader of the Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy.
- UMass Boston will be constructing a new Integrative Science Complex.
- Investigators published over 83 research papers related to partnership projects. Publications were done jointly amongst PIs or independently.
Academic Program Development:
- An accelerated Nursing PhD program in nursing, cancer and health disparities has been developed at UMass Boston.
- 59 URM UMass Boston students participated in and received cancer-related training from the U56 Mechanism.