Gerontology: Management of Aging Services Track, MS (online)
The Management of Aging Services Track is a national award-winning program that offers students an advanced degree in the growing field of aging services.
This includes long-term care, service-supported housing, community-based services, marketing to an aging population, and health services for those requiring chronic care.
The program is geared towards professionals in the aging network or those wishing to enter the aging field. Students will broaden their perspectives and develop skills in policy development and analysis, program management, administration, and finance with a focus on the aging population.
The Management of Aging Services Program is committed to providing an education that is characterized by:
- Excellence: The Program has been nationally recognized and was named the Outstanding Credit Program for 2008 by the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA). The Program was cited for its innovation and creativity.
- Flexibility: The Program can now be completed totally online. Students can determine how many courses they take each semester. Courses are offered in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
- An Applied Approach: The Program is geared to preparing students for positions in the aging field. All our faculty members have strong academic backgrounds and are also currently working or have worked in key positions in various aspects of the aging network. Students are prepared for positions in areas including:
- Elder housing
- Senior centers
- Assisted living
- Geriatric care management
- Nursing homes
- State and federal agency administration and management
- Adult day care
- Companies marketing to elders
- Responsiveness to Student Concerns: Faculty members are committed to working with students to meet their individual needs and to make the educational experience valuable and productive. Following are comments from some of our recent graduates:
"Each of us is encouraged to use our own experiences, professional interests and special vantage points to explore management issues in aging services. The Program opened up a whole new world for me. For that, I will always be grateful." - Bob M.
"The true value of the Program is in the graduates whom they develop and send back into the community. These graduates will provide the direction and leadership that the field of aging needs." - Michael B.