Get all of your questions about course registration, billing, and financial aid answered in one location.
What Is The One Stop?
The One Stop is a student walk-in services center staffed with a team of professionals, who represent three essential offices:
The One Stop allows students the ability of taking care of several financial aid, registrar, and student billing transactions, all at once and in one centralized location. Examples of services provided include:
- Explaining financial aid award letters
- Assistance completing FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Providing tuition bill breakdown
- Signing up for In-House Payment Plan
- Registering for classes
- Assisting with pass/fail or withdrawal option
- Generating verification of enrollment letter
- Processing unofficial and official transcripts
- Changing or adding a major and/or minor
- And more....
The One Stop
Campus Center, Upper Level
When Is The One Stop Open?
8 a.m.–6 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
8 a.m.–4 p.m. (Friday)
Oct 5 – In-House Payment Plan (3 month payment plan)
Oct 6 – Health Insurance Waiver has been extended (via WISER)
Oct 9 – 20% Reduction in Charges, if student withdraws from the university
Oct 18 – Next due date for Fall 2017 bills. Balance is available on WISER (Account Summary)
Oct 27 – Last day to file for December 2017 graduation
- Save $2075.00 by waiving the HEALTH INSURANCE on WISER. All students registered for 9 credits or more are charged health insurance. (Students who already have their own comparable health insurance are eligible to waive the charge.)
- Next ASAP (Achieving Satisfactory Academic Progress) Workshop available HERE.
- 2018-2019 FAFSA now available.
- Check your "To-Do" list on WISER to view all requested financial aid documents.
- 1st Time Direct Loan Borrowers must complete Entrance Counseling and MPN (Master Promissory Note) on studentloans.gov.
- You can still complete a 2017-2018 FAFSA for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 financial aid.