Become a Global Citizen
UMass Boston is dedicated to fostering international education and engagement, encouraging you to explore new horizons and understand our increasingly diverse yet interdependent world. As a student at UMass Boston, you have the opportunity to become a global citizen and be a beacon of international understanding both at home and abroad.
Global engagement is essential to becoming a well-rounded and informed citizen of the world. That's why we offer a range of opportunities to connect with our larger international community and explore new cultures and perspectives.
Our global programs are designed to help you think critically and creatively about our global community, and care deeply about the world we share. Whether you're interested in studying abroad, participating in our Global Ambassadors program, or seeking support and guidance as an international student or scholar, we're here to help.
Our offerings include:
- Study abroad for UMass Boston Students and exchange programs for incoming international students.
- National Student Exchange for UMass Boston students to study away in the US, Guam, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, & Canada.
- International community-building events and programs on campus, such as our Global Ambassadors program
- International student and scholar services for those who need support with visa-related issues
- On-campus international scholar programs, supporting visiting research scholars.
- Support for global partners who collaborate with UMass Boston
- Resources for UMass Boston faculty, departments, and colleges to develop new international programs, partnerships, and opportunities for teaching and research.
If you have specific questions, we're here to help. Contact us at the following email addresses:
For general study abroad questions, including faculty-led: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general international student and scholar questions: ISSS@umb.edu
For questions on MOUs and partnerships: Ksenija.Borojevic@umb.edu
You can also visit us at Campus Center, Suite 2100 during our business hours of 9 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday to Friday. If you prefer, you can reach us by phone at 617-287-5586. If you leave a voicemail, we'll make sure to route your message to the appropriate person. Please note that we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails, so we appreciate your patience as we work to respond to all inquiries in a timely manner.