Faculty & Staff Directory
Title: Assoc Professor U Of M
Department: Accounting & Finance
Areas of Expertise
Financial Accounting , Auditing
PhD, University of Massachusetts Amherst
MBA, University of Washington
BS, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Professional Publications & Contributions
- 1992-present Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts Boston
- September-October 2006 Staff Accountant, Alexander, Aronson, Finning & Company, P.C.
- January 1999 Staff Accountant, Caturano & Company
- 1989-1992 Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- 1985-1989 Assistant Professor, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- 1978-1979 Instructor, Accounting Department, University of Lowell
- 1976-1978 Senior Accountant, Deloitte Haskins & Sells
- 1970-1972 US Air Force supply officer, Eglin AFB, Florida.
Principles of Accounting Intermediate Accounting, Financial Accounting Theory, Accounting Information Systems, Financial Auditing, Comptrollership, and Not-For-Profit Accounting
Financial Accounting (i.e. Accounting for Derivatives, Accounting for Asset Retirement Obligations, and International Finance Reporting Standards). Practitioner issues involving the supply of accountants, performance on the CPA Exam, and the proposed computerized CPA Exam.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, 2000-2003; Microcomputer Committee, Relations with Educators Committee
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants Educational Foundation, 1999-2002
- Member of American Accounting Association, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Beta Alpha Psi, Beta Gamma Sigma, Alpha Kappa Psi
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, Accounting Educator of the Year, 2007
- Delta Sigma Pi, Professional Business Fraternity at UMass Boston, Appreciation Award, 2003
- Included in the University of Massachusetts Annual Faculty Appreciation Dinner, 2002, 2003
- Joan Moon Award for Teaching Excellence, 2002
- Nominated and selected for the sixth edition of Who's Who Among America's Teachers 2000, nominated 2002.
- American Accounting Association Doctoral Scholarship Recipient and Doctoral Consortium Fellow.