Faculty & Staff Directory
Areas of Expertise
Service Marketing and Relationship building, digital technology, and innovation including Social and Digital Media, AI, and Robotics
Dr., Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
MBR, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
Dipl.-Math., Humboldt University, Berlin
Dipl.-Kfm., Humboldt University, Berlin
Professional Publications & Contributions
Werner H. Kunz is a Professor of Marketing and director of the digital media lab at the University of Massachusetts Boston. His work has been published, amongst others, in the Journal of Service Research, Journal of Retailing, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Tourism Management, and Computational Statistics and was awarded multiple times. He is the Senior Editor of the Journal of Service Research and a current board member of the Service Research Special Interest Group (SERVSIG) of the American Marketing Association (AMA), the primary professional association of service researchers with over 2000 community members worldwide.
Werner Kunz has been awarded for his exceptional online teaching concept. “Professor Kunz has developed a class in the remote world that is exceptional. It is flexible and yet drives interaction among the attendees.”
- 2022 Betty J. Diener College of Management Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award.
- 2022 Robert W. D’Alelio Dean’s Excellence in Research Award.
- 2021 Best Paper of the Year 2020 Award of the Journal of Service Theory and Practice for “Service robots, customers and service employees: what can we learn from the academic literature and where are the gaps?” (co-authors Vinh Lu, Jochen Wirtz, Stephanie Paluch, Thorsten Gruber, Antje Martins, and Paul Patterson).
- 2020 Chancellor’s Award for Distinguished Service for his exceptional long-lasting contributions to the University by the digital media lab and his work for the service research community SERVSIG.
- 2019 Best SERVSIG Service Article of the Year 2018 Award Finalist for “Brave New World: Service Robots in the Front Line” (co-authors Jochen Wirtz, Paul Patterson, Thorsten Gruber, Vinh Lu, Stephanie Paluch, and Antje Martins).
- 2018 College of Management Dean’s Award for Distinguished Service
Social Media, Service Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, Internet Marketing, Market Research, Principles of Marketing, Decision in Consumer Industries, Branding Strategy, and Communication.