- Writing Center
Supporting Writing at UMass Boston
Who we are:
We’re the university-wide Writing Center. We provide free services for undergraduate and graduate students to support their academic and professional writing at any stage of the writing process. We offer individual writing consultations in person and online where we work collaboratively with writers and provide feedback on any writing, from class essays to cover letters to theses and dissertations to manuscripts for publication and anything in between. We also facilitate writing groups, writing retreats, class visits, workshops, and collaborations with faculty members and departments to support the teaching of writing.
We have two locations. The services at these locations are the same and these locations are staffed by the same consultants. Feel free to use whichever is most convenient for you.
The Writing Center's main location is Campus Center, first floor, room 1300.
We're located at the end of this room. Once you come into room 1300, keep going until you reach a set of glass doors. Our location is past these glass doors. There are signs located throughout room 1300 to guide you.
We also have a satellite location in Wheatley Hall, sixth floor, room 48.
Currently, the satellite location is used only for evening hours.
The writing center is open during the semester when classes are in session. Our hours of operation are:
- Mondays: 10am-5:00pm (main location), 5:00pm-8:00pm (satellite location)
- Tuesdays: 10am-5:00pm (main location), 5:00pm-8:00pm (satellite location)
- Wednesdays: 10am-5:00pm (main location), 5:00pm-8:00pm (satellite location)
- Thursdays: 10am-5:00pm (main location), 5:00pm-8:00pm (satellite location)
- Fridays: 10am-2:00pm (main location)
- Sundays: 3:00pm-7:00pm (Online only)
We have in person drop-in hours (no appointment needed) during the following days and times:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays: 3-5pm (main location)
- Fridays: 12-2pm (main location)