- Demography on Aging
at the Gerontology Institute
The Center for Social and Demographic Research on Aging is part of the Gerontology Institute at UMass Boston. Our mission is to conduct applied research that informs communities as their populations become older demographically, including research on topics that impact older adults seeking to age in their communities.
Elder Index Report: True Cost of Aging Keeps Rising
Using the latest data from the Elder Index, a new CSDRA report estimates that 7 million older adults, especially those living alone, lack the financial resources to cover their basic needs.
- REPORT: Living Below the Line: Insecurity in Massachusetts, 2022
- CSDRA: Ten years of helping Massachusetts communities serve their older residents
- The Elder Index at Work: How a Data Resource is Making a Difference in Service and Advocacy for Older Adults
- CSDRA interns gain research, social policy experience as undergraduates
- Next Avenue talks with Jan Mutchler: Where Older Adults Are Most Financially Insecure