- Gerontology Institute
Preparing for an Aging Society through Research, Public Service, and Education
The Gerontology Institute carries out basic and applied social and economic research on aging and engages in public education on aging policy issues, with an emphasis in income security, long-term services and supports, healthy aging, age-friendly communities, and social and demographic research on aging.
The Gerontology Institute includes four centers:
- The Center for Social and Demographic Research on Aging conducts applied research aimed at addressing the wellbeing of New England's older residents.
- The LeadingAge LTSS Center @UMass Boston conducts research designed to help our nation address the challenges and seize the opportunities associated with a growing older population.
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) provides lifelong learning, trips, and social activities for those over age 50.
- The Pension Action Center offers counseling for citizens on their pension rights and works to help people claim their benefits.
We Offer Programs in Gerontology
- CSDRA: Ten years of helping Massachusetts communities serve their older residents
- Federal government invites comment on strategies for supporting family caregivers
- Dugan honored for service on Governor's Council to Address Aging in Massachusetts
- Gerontology welcomes Jaqueline Contrera Avila to faculty