PhD, University of Rhode Island
Professional Publications & Contributions
Research and Teaching Interests
- Twenty-first century World film; Low-tech film; The Middle-Eastern Youth film
Recent Conference Presentations & Guest Lectures
- March, 2013: “Participatory Culture and Fan Fiction: Literature From iPhones and Twitter.”
- 2013: “Facebook Fiction, Twitter Literature, and the Cellphone Novel Roundtable." Northeastern MLA, Boston, MA.
- September, 2011: Projecting Words, Writing Images. Read/Write Series. University of Rhode Island. (Invited)
- April, 2011: “The End of the Bush Years and the Films of 2007: Powerlessness, Plague, and Politics.” Cinema and Demos. Northeastern Modern Language Association Conference, Philadelphia, PA
- October, 2010: “History of Indian Film.” Guest Lecture. University of Rhode Island.
- September, 2010: “Turtles Can Fly: Invasion, Influence and Inevitability Along the Frontier.” Guest Lecture (twice). University of Rhode Island.
- ENGL 101: Composition I
- ENGL 102: Composition II
- ENGL 181G: 21st Century Youth in Novels and Film
- ENGL 200: Understanding Literature
- ENGL 201: Five British Authors
- ENGL 258: World Cinema
- ENGL 262G: Art of Literature
- ENGL 324: The Short Story
- ENGL 329: Narrative Forms in Novels and Film
- HON 101: 21st Century Writing