Theses & Dissertations
Policies and Forms for Theses and Dissertations
- Standards for the Preparation of Theses and Dissertations at the University of Massachusetts Boston [DOC]
- How to Submit Your Thesis or Dissertation using UMass Boston/ProQuest ETD - A Step-by-Step Guide [DOC]
- University of Massachusetts Boston Code of Student Conduct
- University of Massachusetts Amherst & Boston Intellectual Property Policy
- Survey of Earned Doctorates [PDF]
- CGS/UMI Distinguished Dissertation and Master’s Thesis Awards [DOC]
Deadlines for Theses and Dissertations
- By 11:59 PM (EST/EDT) on the dates below, you must submit a copy of your defended and revised thesis/dissertation, approved in full for content by your program, to the Office of Graduate Studies (OGS) via the UMass Boston/ProQuest/UMI ETD website.
August 1 for an August degree date (Master’s Degree only)
December 1 for a December degree date
April 10 for a June degree date
- Before your final submission, the format of your thesis/dissertation must have been approved in full by your OGS format editor, and you must have been authorized by this advisor in writing to submit the final version of your thesis/dissertation.
- You must submit the final copies of your thesis/dissertation via the UMass Boston/ProQuest/UMI ETD website by 11:59 PM (EST/EDT) on or before the dates below.
August 20 for an August degree date (Master’s Degree only)
December 20 for a December degree date
May 15 for a June degree date