Plan Your Education
How to Apply
Applicants must meet general graduate admission requirements in addition to the following program-specific requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of recognized standing or an international equivalent at the time of enrollment
- A minimum, cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or international equivalent) in all undergraduate work
- Official transcripts for all institutions where you have earned more than 6 credits
- Statement of purpose
- One (1) letter of recommendation
- Statement of intent essay: This statement is your opportunity to show the graduate admissions committee why you wish to pursue graduate study, as well as your specific interest and goals.
- If applicable, request official TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo scores to be sent to the University of Massachusetts Boston
Deadlines & Cost
Deadlines: July 1 for fall, November 15 for spring
Application Fee: The nonrefundable application fee is $75. UMass Boston alumni and current students that plan to complete degree requirements prior to graduate enrollment can submit the application without paying the application fee.
Program Cost Information: Bursar's website
Required Course (3 Credits)
Complete one from below.
Students may also complete an independent study if no suitable internship is available.
- MBAMGT 669 - Entrepreneurship Internship/Practicum 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMGT 698 - Practicum 1-3 Credit(s)
- ENVSCI 698 - Projects in Environmental Sciences 1-6 Credit(s)
Electives (9 Credits)
Complete three from below.
- ENVSCI 670L - Environmental and Energy Economics 3 Credit(s)
- ENVSCI 674L - Climate and Energy: Law, Policy and Management 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 631 - Sustainable Finance and Impact Investing 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMGT 671L - Introduction to Environmental Management 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMGT 674L - Climate and Energy: Law, Policy and Management 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMGT 688L - Business and Climate Change 3 Credit(s)
Complete twelve credits from four courses including one required course and three electives.
Practicum: Students must complete one practicum experience with a clean energy sector organization.
Statute of limitations: Three years.
Director of Graduate Program Operations Tara Norton
tara.norton [at] umb.edu
College of Management
Learn more about the faculty, research, and programs that make up our College of Management.Explore College of Management