- We are proud to announce our new partnership with the Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation (CEDAC) who will be transitioning their Commonwealth Workforce Coalition program to The Center for Social Policy. The CWC provides professional development opportunities to workforce providers across Massachusetts to produce better employment outcomes for unemployed and disadvantaged workers.
- Our new director reflects on her first year:12 accomplishments in 12 months!
- The Center for Social Policy's Net Resources Simulation details what happens to a family's net resources with small increases in income, shows that child care and housing costs overwhelm low-income families' budgets, and explores policy solutions.
- New report on proposed paid family and medical leave program in Massachusetts shows women, Black, Latino/a, low-wage, and low-income workers are the least likely to get employer wage replacement.
- Our assessment of the Biomedical Careers Program-Just-a-Start Corporation of Cambridge, MA shows that each program graduate earns an additional $14,778 per year after becoming employed in the biomedical field.
- We mourn the loss of our valued colleague, mentor, and friend, Elaine Werby.
- To keep up with the latest happenings, join our mailing list!
Since its inception in 1992, the Center for Social Policy has provided expertise on policies and practices that aim to reduce or eliminate social and economic inequities. CSP researchers, evaluators, and policy analysts make critical assessments of low-wage jobs, barriers to housing affordability, unequal distribution of resources, and the impact of these patterns on families, communities, and society as a whole. With a commitment to excellence, equity, integrity, and participation, CSP looks closely at the root causes of poverty in order to inform fundamental changes in policy design and service delivery. We are pleased to share our brochure with you!
Our mission is to provide highest quality research services to change agents on a sustainable basis and we offer competitive pricing. If you have a project idea or have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily set up a thinking session with you.