at the University of Massachusetts Boston
Since its inception in 1992, the Center for Social Policy has provided expertise on policies and practices that aim to reduce or eliminate social and economic inequities. CSP researchers and policy analysts make critical assessments of low-wage jobs, barriers to housing affordability, and the impact of these patterns on families, communities, and society as a whole. With a commitment to excellence, equity, integrity, and participation, CSP looks closely at the root causes of poverty in order to inform fundamental changes in policy design and service delivery. The Center for Social Policy is the lead research partner for the On Solid Ground Coalition and operates the Commonwealth Workforce Coalition.
CSP’s Net Resources Simulator Tells Important Story
Our latest report, “Between a Rock and a Hard Place: A Closer Look at Cliff Effects in Massachusetts", shows that universal free education and child care would substantially increase family net resources and alleviate cliff effects.
- Check out our latest newsletter
- See how our research on cliff effects is driving systems change
- See our latest report on cliff effects
- Our new "Guidebook to Social Services” commissioned by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Massachusetts helps MassHealth Accountable Care Organizations partner with social service agencies to address the social determinants of health.
- Our new report asks mothers at the intersection of low-wage work, public assistance, and childcare how to fix current policy approaches to improve family economic security.
- Our article “Combining Earnings with Public Supports: Cliff Effects in Massachusetts” shows how families lose lose essential benefits with slight increases in earnings, part of our On Solid Ground agenda.
- Our Commonwealth Workforce Coalition's (CWC) annual Sharing Skills~Building Connections conference was held on Thursday, May 11, 2017 in Sturbridge! Check out the photos!
- Celebrate the life and contributions of Elaine Werby through the Werby Internship Program!
- To keep up with the latest happenings, join our mailing list!