Environmental Health and Safety
- EHS in conjunction with IBC and ORSP has developed New IBC Research Registration Form. Please click here to download.
- To learn more about Environmental Health and Safety and our services check our new brochure
- Find the "Fire Safety Checklist"; a resource for students who are moving to or living in off-campus housing.
Welcome to the University of Massachusetts Boston's Environmental Health and Safety Office
The EHS Office has the overall responsibility and authority to develop policies, programs, and procedures to maintain a healthy and safe campus environment for all faculty, staff, and students. To advance and support the university's teaching, learning and research activities, all EHS initiatives are built upon best practices, which include applicable federal and state regulation, nationally recognized codes and established professional practices. Program areas include:
- pollution prevention and environmental regulatory compliance
- hazardous materials management
- laboratory and chemical health and safety
- fire and life safety
- worker protection and industrial hygiene.
For information about stormwater: Click here
EHS has an experienced professional staff that operates as a coordinated team working to enhance and support the University's educational and research objectives.
UMass Boston Campus Alert System: Register here
We are very much interested in getting your comments, suggestions and questions regarding the Environmental Health and Safety department. If you have any, please send us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 617.287.5445
Wheatley Hall Evacuation Plan
Know how to get out of the Wheatley Hall in an emergency. Learn the procedure for fire alarm drills and download must-have info. Read More