- Learning Design
- Help Reimagine Learning Design Services: Take our Survey
- Get Your Course Ready for the New Semester
- Access Blackboard Resources
Learning Design Services partners with faculty, students, staff, and leadership, to design and develop engaging, inclusive learning experiences that employ evidence-based pedagogy and innovative solutions to promote learner success and wellness.
Learning Design Services brings together expert instructional designers, education specialists, systems administrators and graduate students who provide a wide range of teaching and learning services to UMass Boston community, including support with:
- Course development and design
- Accessible learning materials
- Open educational resources (OER)
- Student engagement, collaboration and peer instruction
- Academic integrity
- Instructional continuity
Select an instructional topic from the main menu to learn more about services available to you.
Students are led on a path to discovery; presented with challenges allowing them to build on previous experience and learn from their mistakes.
Flip the Classroom, Engage Learners
Students absorb content on own time. Class time is spent interacting with one another and applying concepts in QA format or small groups.