Internships and Job Opportunities
Green Internships and Job Opportunities
(Available internships are updated weekly)
Environmental skills and knowledge are increasingly valued in the employment market. In a recent survey, 65% of businesses said they value environmental and sustainability knowledge in job candidates and 78% said that this knowledge would grow in importance in the next five years.
Green internships are an ideal way for students to obtain hands-on experience and knowledge, develop their professional skills, and improve their ability to find an appropriate job after graduation. The “green internship” program is open to all students, but is particularly appropriate for students enrolled in the Clean Energy and Sustainability Programs, including the certificate and the MBA Environmental Management specialization. There are a range of available green internships and jobs at companies, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and academic institutions.
To meet with a career specialist in the Office of Career Services & Internships for assistance with your internship application and search, call 617.287.5519.
Below is a list of currently available internships (click on each of them to view more details). Login to My Career Online to apply.
Currently Available Green Internships and Jobs (updated weekly)
- MA Energy Consumer Alliance - Green Power Intern Marketing and Communications (Deadline: 6-30-2015)
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency-Summer Intern (Deadline: 5-15-2015)
- BeCause Water-Community Manager Intern (Deadline: 5-15-2015)
- Conservation Law Foundation-Summer Fund Intern (Deadline: 5-15-2015)
- Clean Production Action-Research Associate (Deadline: 5-23-2015)
- EPA Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Fellowships for Graduate Environmental Study (Deadline: 5-26-2015)
- Vertex Companies-Assistant Project Manager Environmental Insurance (Deadline: 5-29-2015)
- Intern-The Mobility Project-Center for Governance and Sustainability at UMass Boston (Deadline: 5-31-2015)
- Triumvirate Environmental-Environmental Specialist (Deadline: 6-1-2015)
- Power Home Remodeling Group - Entry Level Sales Representative(Deadline: 6-30-2015)
- Sungevity-Solar Marketing Specialist-Part-time Weekends (Deadline: 9-1-2015)
- Earthwatch Institute-Environmental Volunteer Intern (Deadline: 12-1-2015)
- Next Step Living-Solar Sales Advisor (Deadline: 12-31-2015)
- Next Step Living-Community Solar Sales Specialist in Training (Deadline: 12-31-2015)
- Sustainable Energy Advantage-Renewable Energy Research Intern (Deadline: 12-31-2015)
- Sustainable Energy Advantage-Market Analyst Fellowship (Deadline: 12-31-2015)
*If you do not have a My Career Online account, please call 617.287.5519, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Office of Career Services & Internships will assist you.