iPads in the Classroom 2.0
Call for Proposals
IT/Ed Tech announces an opportunity for faculty to submit a proposal to use iPads to enhance teaching and learning during Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 semesters. Interested faculty should complete the online form by January 7th 2022. A total of five proposals will be selected and each faculty will receive an iPad (loaner) for two semesters.
Proposal Form and Agreement
The Proposal Form and Agreement is available for download at: https://www.umb.edu/technovation/ipad_in_the_classroom . IT, Technovator Staff and eLearning consultants are available to meet with faculty prior to the proposal deadline to discuss project proposals, recommend apps and app bundles. Faculty members teaching in Spring 2022 and/or Fall 2022 are eligible for the program. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to request to meet with a consultant.
The Committee is soliciting project proposals in two general areas, but any innovative project that supports teaching and learning will be considered eligible:
- iPad as a Teaching Tool: Get an iPad for you to use in the classroom as a digital white board, a presentation tool or using any of the other 500,000+ iPad apps. Two Faculty recipients, one iPad each
- iPad as a Learning Tool: Deploy a mobile cart of iPads to your classroom for student individual, pair or group use, depending on class size. Three faculty recipients, one iPad each.
Project Timeline: Important Events
- Program announcement: December 2, 2021.
- Program proposals due: January 7, 2022.
- Participants notified: January 14, 2022.
- Initial Meeting with Participants: Via Zoom and in-Person January 17, 2022.
- Participant presentations of reports: End of Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 TBA.
- Return iPad: Within two weeks of the end of Fall semester 2022 or Spring 2023 in which iPad was used.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.