Plan Your Education
How to Apply
Applicants must meet general graduate admission requirements in addition to the following program-specific requirements:
- A minimum, cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or international equivalent) in all undergraduate work
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of recognized standing or an international equivalent at the time of enrollment
- Official transcripts for all institutions where you have earned more than 6 credits
- One (1) letter of recommendation
- Statement of intent essay: This statement is your opportunity to show the graduate admissions committee why you wish to pursue graduate study, as well as your specific interest and goals.
- Applicants who completed the majority of their undergraduate coursework outside of the United States are typically required to submit official TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo English proficiency test scores.
Deadlines & Cost
Deadlines: June 1 for fall, November 15 for spring
Application Fee: The nonrefundable application fee is $75. UMass Boston alumni and current students that plan to complete degree requirements prior to graduate enrollment can submit the application without paying the application fee.
Program Cost Information: Bursar's website
Required Courses (12 Credits)
- MSIS 656 - Information Storage Management 3 Credit(s)
- MSIS 670 - Enterprise Business Intelligence 3 Credit(s)
- MSIS 671 - Enterprise Data Warehousing for Business Intelligence 3 Credit(s)
- MSIS 672 - Enterprise Data Mining and Predictive Analytics 3 Credit(s)
Complete twelve credits from four required courses.
Statute of limitations: Three years.
Management Science and Information Systems Department
Learn more about UMass Boston's Department of Management Science and Information Systems, our research and our faculty.Explore the Department of Management Science and Information Systems
College of Management
Learn more about the faculty, research, and programs that make up our College of Management.Explore College of Management