Plan Your Education
How to Apply
Please include a short statement of interest in the Dual Language Certificate Program, your resume, a recommendation (professional recommendations are accepted), and an academic transcript in your application.
Visit Admissions to get started. Once you start your application select the Dual Language Certificate from the drop-down menu, which lists programs.
Deadline & Cost
Deadlines: May 1 for fall, November 1 for spring
Application Fee: The nonrefundable application fee is $75. UMass Boston alumni and current students that plan to complete degree requirements prior to graduate enrollment can submit the application without paying the application fee.
Program Cost Information: Bursar's website
Required Courses (15 Credits)
- APLING 605 - Theories and Principles of Language Teaching 3 Credit(s)
- APLING 614 - Foundations of Bilingual/Multicultural Education 3 Credit(s)
- APLING 615 - Dual Language Pedagogy 3 Credit(s)
- APLING 616 - Curriculum Development in Bilingual Education 3 Credit(s)
- APLING 618 - Teaching ESL: Methods and Approaches 3 Credit(s)
Complete 15 credits from five required courses.
Fieldwork: Complete 100 hours of classroom-based fieldwork.
Statute of limitations: Five years.
College of Liberal Arts
Learn more about the faculty, research, and programs that make up our College of Liberal Arts.Explore the College of Liberal Arts