Policies & Forms
University of Massachusetts Policies
The University of Massachusetts Boston is part of the University of Massachusetts system. As such, the campus is governed by a set of policies and standards that apply system-wide as adopted by the University Board of Trustees. The policies listed below are those related to equal opportunity and affirmative action.
- Non-Discrimination and Harassment Policy
*As of August 14, 2020, please note that in accordance with Title IX as published in Part 106 of title 34 of the Code of Federal Regulations, sexual harassment is defined as conduct on the basis of sex that satisfies one or more of the following: (i) An employee of the University conditioning the provision of an aid, benefit, or service of the University on an individual's participation in unwelcome sexual conduct; (ii) Unwelcome conduct determined by a reasonable person to be so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that effectively denies a person equal access to the University's education program or activity; or (iii) "Sexual assault" as defined in 20 U.S.C. 1092(f)(6)(A)(v), "dating violence" as defined in 34 U.S.C. 12291(a)(10), "domestic violence" as defined in 34 U.S.C. 1229(a)(8), or "stalking" as defined in 34 U.S.C. 12291(a)(30), as amended.
- Principles of Employee Conduct
- Statement in Support of Pluralism
- Policy Against Intolerance
UMass Boston Policies and Procedures
- Faculty/Staff Internal Complaint Procedure
- Student Code of Conduct
- Title IX Grievance Procedure
- Service Assistance Animal Policy 06.07.22
- Other campus policies are available on the HR website
- Ethical Relationships Policy 10.24.21 Procedures for Complaints