UMass Boston

Resolution Process

The Office of Civil Rights and Title IX will work with people who come to raise a concern or make a complaint. We will give them the agency to choose how or if they want to participate in a resolution process. We offer both informal and formal resolution opportunities.

  • Informal resolution opportunities could be, but are not limited to, no contact directives, assistance with switching class schedules, along with other informal remedies.
  • Our formal resolution process includes an opportunity to have an investigation conducted by a neutral civil rights investigator from our office who will act as a fact finder. The goal of the resolution process is to resolve matters of alleged discrimination in the soundest way for the parties involved and the university.

To file a complaint with our office please click the link to our complaint form below. The complaint form will be sent to our office once completed and someone from our office will reach out to you to meet with you and discuss your complaint.

Employees who would like to request an accommodation please contact Students who are seeking accommodations should contact the Ross Center for Disability Services.

Have a question or concern? Contact us by email at
Office of Civil Rights and Title IX
Quinn Administration Building, 3rd Floor, Room 23