Aseptic sorting of lenti-virus transfected cultured cells for population isolation and enrichment.
We have experience sorting and analyzing a variety of different cell types including e.coli, sperm, germ cells, cancer cells, neurons from insect and mammalian models, amphibian cells.
We are able to work with BSL2 samples upon request.
BD FACSAria Fusion
The Aria Fusion is an avid cell sorter and analyzer.
- Nozzles: 70, 85, 100, and 130-μm nozzles are removable and can be sonicated –capable of analyzing and sorting small (<5 micron) up to large (> 50 micron) particles.
- Excitation of fluorescent dyes using yellow/green, red, blue, and near UV lasers
- Cellular analysis based on forward and side scatter and detection
- Wavelengths Detected from the 375-nm Laser: 450/20-nm Hoechst Blue, DAPI, 670 LP Hoechst Red
- Wavelengths Detected from the 488-nm Laser with the 561-nm Laser Installed: 530/30-nm FITC, 695/40-nm PerCP-Cy5.5 or PI, or 675/20-nm PerCP
- Wavelengths Detected from the 640-nm Laser: 670/30-nm APC, Alexa Fluor® 647, 780/60-nm APC-Cy7 or APC-H7
- Wavelengths Detected from the 561-nm Laser: 582/15-nm PE, DsRed, 610/20-nm PE-Texas Red®, mCherry, PI, 670/14-nm PE-Cy™5 or 710/50-nm PE-Cy5.5
- Sorting capabilities: 2 and 4-way sorting in 1.5 ml tubes and 15 ml conical vials, and sorting into 96-well plates
- Sorting can be temperature-regulated for sensitive cell populations
- Capable of Aseptic cell sorting.
- Capable of running BSL2 samples.
Flow Cytometry Core Facility
Core Director - Dr. Catherine McCusker
Boston, MA 02125